1|| casualties of war

This was it. This is what they planned for.

The only thing was: if this is what they planned for, then why weren't they prepared? They knew it was coming. They knew they had a chance as long as they had Harry Potter. But they didn't plan what they would do if they didn't have him.

Hermione couldn't believe it

Hermione couldn't believe it. This was her best friend, her brother. It didn't seem real. She looked at Ginny who was now shaking with sobs. It took her a few seconds to realize the tears running down her own cheeks. She loved him, not in the way Ginny did of course, but a powerful way. He was her family, just like she was his.

Neville was saying something now. She saw his mouth moving but she couldn't hear what he was saying. She wasn't paying attention until she saw the glare that The Sword Of Gryffindor gave off. This was a true act of bravery.

The moment Neville did that Harry rolled out of Hagrid's arms sending a curse at Nagini, the last horcrux

The moment Neville did that Harry rolled out of Hagrid's arms sending a curse at Nagini, the last horcrux. It rebounded into a group of Death Eaters.

Hermione let out a laugh of relief and watched as Ginny grinned. Only Harry can defeat death,not once, but twice. She could barely see the nod he sent her as he disappeared into the ruins of their home. Smiling to herself, she joined the fight that had just broke out.

Curses, hexes, and jinx's were being thrown everywhere. One occasionally hitting Hermione as she threw her own. It wasn't until she started dueling Bellatrix and Dolohov that she moved from the courtyard into the ruins. Backing into the deserted hallways of Hogwarts, Hermione sent very few offensive spells towards the duo, having to play defensive with the amount of Unforgivables being thrown at her.

Bellatrix's psycho laughing wasn't helping Hermione focus at all. After only a few minutes she found herself unarmed and on the floor.

"Looky here," Bellatrix taunts "The Mudblood is all alone. I say we make this hurt."

Dolohov nods his head as if to agree.