2|| starting over

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled that familiar twinkle once again upon hearing Hermione's words. "Actually I might just."

Hermione's heart stirred. This was it. This is how they would help.

"How rude of me. You seem to know Poppy and I but I have yet to introduce you to the bright young men that found you girls. Meet-"

"Sirius Orion Black. At your service." The black hair boy interrupted, adding a dramatic bow at the end. All to be a gentleman, of course. "This is Remus Lupin and James Potter." Remus gave a nod and a small smile whereas James had walked closer to her, taking her hand and kissing the back of it. "All at your service." He said, correcting Sirius' previous statement.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you."

"Of course it is," Sirius commented quietly, although loud enough for the four kids to hear. Remus slapped his arm and muttered a 'shut up' under his breath. To their surprise, Hermione let out a small laugh. She turned to Ginny who had just started to stir.

"Morning sleepy head." Hermione greeted.

"I hate you Hermione Gr-" She shot up in her bed, wincing as she did so. "Are we in-?"

"Yes."

"But-"

"Doesn't matter Gin."

"Of course it matters we just- and then- what the hell is going on, Hermione Granger?!"

"Well, how am I supposed to know?"

"Don't you know everything?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Obviously not."

Just as Ginny went to reply, with a smart ass response no doubt, a dreamy voice interrupted.

"We shouldn't fight amongst each other. Haven't you seen where that gets us?" Luna asked.

She gave Ginny the Daily Prophet then passed it to Luna who smiled slightly. "Well, we did it at least." Luna said, referring to the fact that they hadn't failed in trying to save the Wizarding World from complete darkness and despair. She then looked to the very confused audience.

"Oh hello, there I'm Luna... King."

At that moment the two other girls remembered their audience and Hermione blushed a deep shade of crimson.

Thankfully, Ginny caught on to the whole last name thing and quickly said, "Ginny Gray."

"Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and James Potter." Sirius repeated to the redhead, offering a small smile. Hermione watched painfully as Ginny eyes landed on James. He was almost an exact replica of Harry Potter, the boy Ginny had been completely infatuated with. A boy she would never see again. That's when it hit Hermione:

She would never see him again either.

Her best friend. Her brother. Gone quicker than a snap of someone's fingers. Was that selfish? To think about what she would be losing by going back in time to save thousands of people? Yes. Yes, it was.

Hermione swung her legs over the side of her bed and attempted to stand. Quickly failing and then falling into a pair of waiting arms. "Thanks." She mumbled as Sirius helped her sit back down.