I27I - Nowhere To Be Found

Last night was only dreadful. I was at the club the whole night looking for Roger, but there was no trace of him. Not inside, not outside, not even in the back. I could say I stayed till about 3 a.m and he wasn't there. The place was just closing and there were people walking out, he still wasn't there. After driving back to my flat in tears, I noticed that Roger's car wasn't in the place it was always parked.

It was gone. Missing. I even looked around the parking lot to see if I was mistaken, but it was nowhere. It's crazy. What if he left on purpose because he liked someone else? What if that whole talk we had meant nothing to him?

I can't get up from this damn bed, I don't want to. Roger is missing and I don't have a clue where he is.

I really hope it's small. But how can it be if it's already two p.m the next day?! Something's wrong and I don't know what to do. I'm helpless, and I miss him.

My mind scatters of what could have happened, and where he might even be. But my mind goes blank whenever I get too deep into it.

I thought of one place though for a moment, Roger's place.

Maybe he's there...

I finally got up from my bed and stumbled out of my bedroom and into the living room. I picked up the phone gently from the latch and pressed it to my ear, then I dialed the number I memorized a long time ago. Roger's flat phone number. I dialed it slowly, trying to not get my hopes up of his answering. Sounds stupid, I know.

I dropped my hand when I heard ringing on the other end. Please pick up, Angel. Please don't stay quiet in so worried.

After a few moments, the ringing stopped on the other end. This either meant that he didn't answer or it was just quiet on the other line. I decide to say something. "H-hello?" It was the first time in a while that I've really spoken, and my voice hitched and was raspy. I was almost shocked to hear my own. I cleared my throat and spoke it again, this time it was much better.

Nothing. No one was on the other end. Damn it.

He has to be there. Where else would he be?

It wouldn't hurt to check, would It?

Maybe it will, but it won't hurt to try looking there at least.
-----------------------------------------

I knocked a few times on the flat door. There was no response, or noises coming from inside so I decided to check the room number again to see if I was at the right door.

'Room 39'

I was at the correct flat, but I heard nothing. For some reason I was feeling a bit cold, so I snuggled more into my coat as I waited for any kind of response inside. Hell, today people wouldn't even consider it cold. What's my problem?

After a few more tries, I gave up on knocking. That's when a thought struck me, a thought that could be true.
I swallowed a bit, my throat had a bit of trouble as it was sore, but then I rushed down the hall to the front service office and I opened up the door quickly and went to the front desk. I knew there weren't very many employees here, as I had past experience. So the person I see at the front desk had a name tag that read;
'MANAGER'.
I would assume that this would be an easier task for the manager himself.

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?"
The young man must've known I was in distress, as his voice sounded too generous as if he was ready for me to complain or something.

"Is there still a person living in room 39?" I quickly asked but quietly, not looking for any side conversation.

"Let me check that for you, sir." He replied, pulling out some kind of clipboard. He flipped the page and his eyes lit up. "Nope! It was just moved out of actually. Are you looking to move in?"