Part 1

Hi, I'm Elle, and for a while, my story was like a fairytale gone wrong.

My mom passed away when I was kid and My dad remarried right away- a mean, nasty, woman with two daughters several years older than me. Sound familiar?? Yeah, my life pretty much became Cinderella. My step-mom, Kenny, hated me but loved her two daughters. She would spoil them rotten while treating me like dirt. She didn't care that they bullied me- she bullied me too, and my dad was at work so often that he didn't even seem to notice.

My step-mom even started making me do house-work. Horrible chores like scrubbing the toilets and taking out the trash - and she never made my step - sisters do anything! I was shocked by how a fairytale written so many years ago could so accurately represent my life. Minus the part with the talking mices and bluebirds coming to help me do chores.

My best friend, Alaia, tried to encourage me. She'd remind me that I only had to line at home until I could go off to college and start a new life far away from my wicked step-mom and step-sisters. "You have amazing grades!", she said. "You'll be able to go to any school you want. You could go somewhere across the country-across the world, even".

Alaia was the only person keeping me sane as my step-mom continued to treat me cruelly while letting my step-sisters get away with murder. I told my dad about it once, but he just said that blending families was an adjustment. "Give them a chance", he said. "Your step-sisters have had a rough time since their father left. I'm sure Kenny's trying to make it up to them by indulging them". I hated that he took their side.

If I was Cinderella, then where was my God-mother?? Where was my prince charming?? I knew the answer: that stuff only happened in fairy tales. In reality, nobody rescued you from your awful life. Especially not princes. When guys asked me out, I told them I was too busy for a relationship. In reality, I was scared. How could I expect to have a good relationship when my home life was this bad??......
.
.
. To bee continued♠️