p r o l o g u e

a young boy was walking with his mother hand in hand, the boy slightly giddy and happy because of his test which he got the highest in class.

"you never really change, still as smart as ever, like your father." the woman whom the boy was walking with smiles as she ruffles the boy's hair.

the boy jumps as he giggles. "of course eomma! the smart genes rub in our family well!"

the woman only laughs at the boy's adorable actions as thry finally went inside their house, greeted by a man on his late thirties.

"appa, look what i've got! i got the highest score in my class!" the boy waved the test paper in his hands as the man only raised a brow, sipping on his coffee.

getting the paper from the boy's hand, he narrows his eyes slightly, a look of disappointment in his eyes.

"really? you got fifty-one out of sixty, that's not the highest. you could've just perfected it." the man said coldly to the boy as he went back to his room to take care of his paperworks.

the boy only looked down as he looks at his test paper.

the test was really hard for an elementary student to answer, yet i managed to pass it. but i guess my father wants a perfect score. the boy thought as his eyes threatened tears to fall.

"that's fine! you got the highest in your class anyways, you should be proud of it. eomma is very proud of you right now!" the woman tried to comfort the young boy, but it didn't worked.

the boy immediately wiped his tears, not wanting to show his mother that he is weak.

"i can never be proud of it... appa expects more from me." the boy hiccups as he started running away from his house, his mother's voice evident in the whole neighborhood because of her loud voice.

since the young boy never really knows much about the neighborhood, he only ran a few houses so that his mother won't see him.

that's when he bursts out all his feelings. the boy fell down on his knees as he looks down on his test paper, disgust evident on his expression.

even if the boy is young, he is smart to know that he is not wanted by his own father.

it could never be enough for him.

the boy started hiccuping once again as he looks down on his paper, crumpling it slowly as his anger completely ate him.

he gritted his teeth as he threw the paper from a neighborhood's backyard.

"ouch!"

the boy immediately backed awaybfrom his position as he stares at the backyard in front of him, scared that an old man would scold him for littering.