holding hands

Maybe that nervous feeling Draco felt in his stomach wasn't nervousness.

Maybe, over the past week, Draco had started to want to become more than friends with Harry Potter.

That's ridiculous, Draco thought. We've been only friends for a week. Then he paused. Them again, we've known each other for years.

Harry looked over at him, and Draco's heart fluttered. That definitely wasn't any emotion he had experienced with his friends before.

"Is it weird?" Harry asked, concern evident in his voice. Draco was confused for a second before he saw Harry's gaze drifting down to their entwined hands.

"No." Draco said quickly.

Harry sighed in relief. "Okay, I just figured it was a couple thing to do... not that we are... oh god, I just called us a couple twice in one night."

"I get it." Draco nodded. "All part of the plan. Fool the students, all that stuff."

Since they had been wandering pretty aimlessly for the past couple of minutes, Draco steered Harry towards a bench near the fountain, where they say, brushing each other's sides. Draco, for one, would have liked to move closer, but it would probably weird Harry out if he started scotching towards Harry, pressing his shoulder into the other boy's.

"Fuck the plan." Harry said suddenly, and Draco almost jumped. "I... didn't mean that to come out the way it did, I just... so far, we've been doing this for the school. What if we just did it for us?" He nervously tucked a strand of hair behind his ear, and Draco almost couldn't stand it. "I actually enjoy spending time with you." When Draco raised his eyebrows, Harry shrugged. "I know, I'm surprised too. But I'm actually enjoying being friends with you."

"Me... too." Draco enjoyed being friends with Harry, but he couldn't stop the voice that whispered in his head, urging him to move closer, to lean in, to take more than Harry had already given.

"Do you want to dance?" Harry gestured to the castle, where shadows danced, reflecting wildly against the candlelight.

"Okay." Draco nodded.

Harry pulled him to his feet and they walked back to the castle, brushing sides too many times for Draco to tell himself that it was an accident.

- - -

Sorry that this part is so short! But I do have a very very big part coming up so get ready for that ;)