The Night Of The Lost

It was a dark, gloomy night on the harsh, crime ridden streets of Gotham.

The date was May 24th 2015.

A young woman by the name of Rayne sat in front of her vanity table, brushing out her long, red hair. It's colour resembled crimson blood.
Her piercing green eyes followed each brush stroke as her mind wandered elsewhere.

What thoughts were plaguing a woman who seemed to be barely starting her life that could make her lose herself in the recesses of her mind so easily.

It was simple really.

She was thinking of the fateful night she took her first life and began her trip down the seemingly dark road ahead of her.

She remained locked in thought until a sudden sound schoed down the hall, reaching her ears.

It was a very distinct sound. The sound of shattering glass.

She silently placed her brush down and pi ked up a small silver dagger from the vanity that held not only beauty and hair products but various small weapons, the main weapons on the surface appeared to be a set of silver daggers and a twin pair of pistols.

However the guns simply would not offer her element of surprise, after all if she faced what she believed to be an intruder with a pistol and gunshots sounded then any backup that the so called intruder had would be alerted to her presence in the house.

It was a few moments later that Rayne Boulevard slipped from her room with the stealth of a small cat. Her movents were smooth and steady and she did not hesitate once she left the safety of her room.

However she had not been expecting the intruder to be so silent and quick themselves. She realised the mistake she had made as soon as her door softly clicked shut behind her and her mouth was covered by a thick cloth.

She slammed her head back into her aggressors even as her vision began to swim. It was chlorophyll  and it was taking affect quickly.

As the intruder stumbled back with a groan, he still brought Rayne with him, refusing to let up his grip.

She twisted slightly and managed to bring her elbow back into his gut, earning a grunt and his grip loosened just enough for her to bring her elbow back, into his face. His nose crunched on impact and crimson blood immediately began to pour down his face.

The cloth dropped to the floor but Rayne knew she was to late, her movements were slow and her vision was blurred.

She stumbled back. She had been stupid getting caught so easily by a common intruder. And she was now going to pay the price.

The man had recovered slowly and swung a fist which she was too slow to dodge due to the drugs effects. It met her stomach and her breathe left her quickly in a single huff.

She hit the floor, unable to keep steady as her head swam.

She could barely keep her eyes open and it wasn't long until her body gave in and her mind went blank and her vision dark.

Just what had she gotten herself into?

--------------------------

Hey guys, leave a comment and make sure to vote. Who do you think dear little Rayne was taken by and will she escape?