Shiver- Chapter Fourty-Four (The extra bit)

"Why are you so careful with me, Sam Roth?"

I tried to tell her the truth. "I-its - I'm not an animal."

"I'm not afraid of you." she said.

She didn't look afraid of me. She looked beautiful, moonlit, tempting, smelling of peppermint and soap and skin. I'd spent eleven years watching the rest of the pack become animals, pushing down my instincts, controlling myself, fighting to stay human, fighting to do he right thing.

As if reading my thoughts, she said, "Can you honestly tell me that it's only the wolf in you wants to kiss me?"

All of me wanted to kiss her so bad it hurt. I braced my arms either side of her head, the door creaking as I leaned against it, and I pressed my mouth against hers. She kissed me back, lips, hot, tongue flicking against my teeth, hands still behind her, body still pressed against the door. Everything in me buzzed, wanting to close the few centimeters of space between us.

She kissed me harder, breath huffing into my mouth, and bit my lower lip. Oh, fuck, that was amazing. I growled before I could stop myself, but before I could even think to feel embarrassed, Grace had pulled her hands out from behind her and looped them around my neck, pulling me to her.

"That was so sexy," she said, voice uneven, breathless. "I didn't think you could get any sexier."

I kissed her again before she could say anything else, backing into the room with her, a tangle of limbs in the moonlight. Her fingers hooked into the sides of my jeans, thumbs brushing my hip bones, pulling my hips closer to hers.

"Oh, God, Grace," I gasped. "You- you greatly overestimate my self-control."

"I'm not looking for self-control."

My hands were inside her shirt, palms pressed against her sides, fingers spread on her back; I didn't even remember how they got there. "I-I don't want to do anything you'll regret."

Grace's back curved against my fingers as if my touch brought her to life. "Then don't stop."

I'd imagined her saying this in so many different ways, but none of my fantasies even came close to the breathtaking reality.

Clumsily, we backed onto the bed, part of me thinking we should be quiet in case her parents came home. But she helped me tug my shirt over my head and ran a cold hand down my chest, I groaned, forgetting everything but her soft fingers on my skin. My mind searched for lyrics, words to string together to describe the moment, but nothing came. I couldn't think of anything but her palm travelling lower on my torso.

"You smell so good," Grace whispered. "Every time I touch you, it comes off stronger." Her nostrils flared, all wolf, smelling how much I wanted and needed her. Knowing what I was, and wanting me anyway.

I pushed her gently down onto the pillows and kisssed her once again, she allowed me to pull her shirt up and over her head, our lips pulling apart. Our bodies pressed together and I knew she could feel me hard against her hip; her lips went straight to my neck and with shaky fingers I reached towards the zip of her jeans. Her deep sigh calmed my racing heart as I threw the denim across the room.

"Grace I've never..." I mumbled. I never really stuck around long enough to even develop feelings for another girl, let alone sleep with one. It was always Grace, always will be.

"Me neither but I want to, only with you."

I nodded and she looked relieved, my gaze went to her bra, then her stomach, to where my hands were placed low on her bare thighs. My breathing increased.

"Sam." I met her sad gaze, "Please."

I don't think I could have denied her for anything, she looked beautiful and delicious and in a hurried frenzy we were a tangled mess of lips, arms and fingers in hair.