Anxiety 2/5

Zayn (12):

        "Zayn?" you say, wandering into the kitchen of his flat. Your older brother looks up, raising his eyebrows.

        "Yes, (Y/N)?" He asked, turning towards you. You stared at him with wide eyes, clutching a hand to your chest.

        "I-I can't breathe." Zayn's eyes widened and he rushed to your side.

        "What do you mean you can't breathe? Since when?" You bit your lip.

        "Well. I can breathe," you explained. "But it's hard. I was thinking about the concert tonight and how you said I would have to hang out with Paul, but I don't know Paul and it's my first concert, and I was worried I'll get lost or someone will be mean to me, and I got scared, and now I'm having trouble breathing." You said this all very quickly and in one long breath. Zayn frowned and looked you carefully in the eyes.

        "Sounds like anxiety," he said. "Listen, (Y/N). I want you to take deep breaths. You can do it, just breathe. I promise it'll be okay. I'll be really close, and Paul is amazing. It'll be fine love, I promise." He kissed your forehead.

        Slowly, you got your breathing under control. Zayn smiled and found some ice cream. After that, you deserved a treat.

Harry (15)

"Who is going to go next?" questioned your English teacher, Ms. Cirsher. She looked around, but no one raised their hand. "No one? Alright, I'll pick."

You swallowed hard, and your hands began to shake. "Please not me," you mumbled. "Please, please not me." You slid down in your chair, but Ms. Cirsher's eyes found you nonetheless.

"(Y/N)," she said, smiling lightly at you. "Your turn." You but your lip and nodded, digging through your folder with shaky hands to find the rubric she had given out, and gather your index cards. When you found them, you walked slowly towards the front of the room, fumbling with your cards and breathing shakily. You handed over the rubric, and walked to the podium.

"Uh. I'm, um, (Y/N) Styles, and the title of my speech is, um, A Lesson in Heroism," you mumbled. Allan, one of the boys in the back frowned.

"Speak up," he called, "Use those Styles lungs." A ripple of laughter spread through the room. Your face reddened.

"H-heroes are a...an archetype found across literature," you began, your voice shaky. You could hear your heart beating in you chest, and nearly threw up when you saw the people gazing at you in expectance.

"It...its also a quality found in the real world. Heroes are classified by...um...by..." You froze, losing your place in your speech and dropping your index cards. You stared, incredulous as they scattered across the floor.

"Smooth," breathed Cass, Allan's best friend, and he offered her a high five. Your head was spinning, you couldn't breathe and you were sure you were about to be sick.

"(Y/N)?" said Ms. Cirsher, walking towards you, "Would you like to step out?" You nodded, before racing out of the door. You fell to the ground by the wall, just outside the door. Your arms wrapped around your torso, and one hand dug into your pocket for an inhaler you carried for just such situations.

When your were calm, Ms. Cirsher called your brother, your guardian, who came to pick you up.

~~~~~~

Rawr berry munch,

Hanna xx