Chapter 2

3 years later

Izuku Midoriya, now 14, was running for his life.

He, Nico and Nico's boyfriend, Will had been heading back to Japan, since Apollo had given them a quest that required them to go there. At first, Izuku was excited to be back home, but right now he was more concerned about not becoming a hell hound's lunch. He jumped up, twisting to face the oversized dog and slashed at it with his Stygian iron spear. He spotted Nico sending skeletal warriors after the hound, and Will, firing arrows. The monster didn't care, Izuku was a more exciting chew toy in its eyes. Izuku landed on the hell hound's back and he stabbed his spear into the back of it's neck. He pulled the spear out and jumped off as the monster crumbled into golden dust. He transformed the spear back into his necklace charm, and he clipped it back onto the necklace he wore, totalling the amount of charms on it to 4, one was his spear and the rest signified each year he'd gone to camp. He sighed and sat down, Will instantly rushing over to him and checking for wounds.

"I'm fine, Will. Thank you though." Izuku said, giving the blond a small grin.

"Good." Will smiled back, then spun on his heel to face his boyfriend.

"You. I told you not to use any underworldy powers. At least one of the Hades brothers listens to me!" He scolded Nico, gesturing towards Izuku.

"I know Will, but I was worried about my brother. Besides, he should be using his powers more often, he needs to learn how to use them!" He looked over at Izuku.

"You want to get into UA, don't you? You need to be able to pass your demigod powers off as a quirk if you want any chance to get into the hero course, but you won't be able to control them if you don't practice." Izuku's older brother said, taking a seat next to Izuku. Will sighed.

"Can't he just use his fighting knowledge to get in?" He questioned, taking a seat next to Nico.

"I wish. But Nico is right, I need to learn to control my powers... Let's start practicing now! Where do we need to shadow travel next? I'll take us there!" Izuku yelled, jumping up excitedly.

"No no no no no. Not right now, we all need to rest. Besides, you shouldn't shadow travel without having Nico as backup in case you shadow travel us over a volcano or something like that." Will said, pulling the younger boy back down onto the ground. Izuku sighed.

"Alright then." He muttered with a pout, crossing his arms. Will sighed. It was hard to say no to him.

"Hey, Izu. We'll work on your powers after we have a nap." Nico said, smiling at his younger brother. Izuku's face lit up.

"Yay! Alright!" He yelled. Will smiled at them.

"You guys nap, I'll watch over you." He said, looking at the Hades brothers fondly.

"Wake me up when I'm supposed to keep watch." Nico said, holding Will's hand gently.

"I will." The blonde said with a smile.