ᴛᴡᴏ

"Hey, kid." Natasha greeted the youngest Avenger as she walked through the door. "How was school?"

"School was school. How was the mission I had to put off because you decided to enrol me in school."

"You need to have a normal life."

"Yeah, the normal of having a limousine pick me up and drive me to the Avengers tower where I live with superheroes." She said sarcastically as she looked through the cupboards.

"Okay as normal as it gets." Natasha corrected herself.

"I'm just gonna go to my room. Tell me when Tony gets back." She took off to her room with arms filled with foods that are definitely unhealthy.

She dropped the food on her bed with a small sigh. Throwing her bag to the floor. Annabelle turned on the TV where news was playing, informing her of what went down at the mission she was barred from.

She rushed to her sister's room next door and engulfed her in a hug.

"It's not your fault." She told her.

"It is." Wanda sniffled into her sister.

"It's not." Steve came in and turned off the TV.

"I'll give you two some space." Anna walked out of her sister's room.

She wasn't a fan of living here but she was doing the best she could to keep a happy persona, showing Tony that she was happy with the life he gave her.

There's still a hole. There's a hole where her brother was supposed to be.

The three of them, Wanda, Pietro and Annabelle, were the tightest knitted family you could find. After their parents died, the twins made Annabelle their responsibility. Pietro would put what he could of food on the table. He would try his best, even though he was failing. Wanda would make sure she always had a bed and roof.

When the Maximoff family got into protesting things would come harder, until they found Strucker.

They had food. They had a bed and a roof. They thought it would be enough. But after a week they decided it would be better for them to go back to their life before.

Annabelle used to cry herself to sleep. Not because of the pain she was put through. Because Pietro couldn't make her the special soup she always liked. Because Wanda couldn't sing her to sleep anymore.

Anna sat on her bed, playing with her powers. Fire flickering around her. Also excluding herself with ice, that melted into water. To avoid a damp floor see vapourised it into the air. That cycle on a loop.

"Anna." Nat walked into her room. "Tony's here." She quickly got off her bed. Tony had been trying, he had been trying so hard to get Anna into a happy place and she was so thankful. The youngest Maximoff began to care deeply for him. "Anna?" The girl turned around looking at the redheaded ex-assassin. "He brought a friend."

The residents of the tower sat around a table and the Secretary of State stood before them.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my batting swing. Turned out, it was the best round of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass. I found something 40 years in the army never taught me: Perspective." He scanned the Avenger's facial features. "The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You've... fought for us. Protected us. Risked your lives. While a great many people see you as heroes. There are some... would prefer the word 'vigilantes'."

"And what word would you use, Mr Secretary," Natasha asked cocking her thin, arched brows.

"How about 'Dangerous?' What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals, who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind them." The roaring of the Hulk brought their attention to the screen. "New York." The Helicarriers of SHIELD crashing into homes and people. "Washington DC." The clip of the Maximoff's country rising above land. "Sokovia." Anna clenched her hand and Natasha noticed. She put her hand over the top calming her down. "Lagos." A girl not dead but extremely injured laid on the floor. A look of regret plastered Wanda's face. "Indonesia." He flicked to a clip of Annabelle using her powers and a place blowing up into flames.

That day that supposed to be a simple extraction mission. It turned into an ambush. She thought fast on her feet. But it burnt innocences to a crisp.

"Okay. That's enough." Steve cut him off seeing the tears in her eyes.

"For the past 4 years, you operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution. The Sokovia accords. Approved by 117 countries. It states, that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations Panel, only when and if that Panel deems it necessary." He passed a file around which Anna didn't bother looking at because she knew the answer was already no.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve answered which she agreed strongly upon.

"Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now? If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes, you can bet there'd be consequences."

"I know exactly they are but it's none of your business." She snapped with a roll on the eyes.

"Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground." He tried to convince them.

"So, there are contingencies." James 'Rhodey' Rhodes stated trying to comprehend what he had to say.

"3 days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords. So, talk it over." He finished his presentation folding his arms.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asked with a smirk on her face.

"Then you retire."