1

***

***

My name is Kim Taehyung. For the sake of my grandpa and younger brother Junghyun. I've been working for a week as a full-time maid at the Jeon family's mansion.

But I'm horrible at this job.

"Taehyung, I said 'do' the cleaning, not make the mess", the head maid said. "S-Sorry, I fell and knocked over the bucket." The head maid is terrifying.

If I wash the dishes they break. If I clean the toilet, the water overflows. If I dry the laundry, the sheets fall to the ground. I started this job because of the high monthly pay, plus sleeping in a bedroom for free.

But I can already tell I'm going to regret this. I'm definitely not suited for this job. I want to quit, but I can't quit. I have to make money to support my grandpa and Junghyun.

Grandpa, Junghyun, I'll try my best. Until the moment I get fired, I'll try my best at this mansion.

***

I dropped a plate on accident. My heart started pounding, knowing that I'm going to be scolded. "Taehyung, you broke something irreplaceable, huh?" I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves down. I've really done it now.

What should I do? Of all things, I broke a really expensive looking plate. This is the worst. I'm going to be fired. There's no doubt that I will be fired.

"Taehyung," the head maid called. "No matter how many times I tell you, you're still a fool who never learns." She turned to look at me with a scary expression. I felt myself starting to sweat even more.

"I fear that this time, you will have to be disciplined." My eyes widened by what she said. "D-Disciplined?"

"That's right! Pain is the best teacher! As your punishment, you will be whipped!" She said while pulling out a whip. Where did she get that whip from?!

She grabbed my arm harshly, but I tried my best to fight her back. "N-No! Let go of me! I'm very sorry! I apologize so please don't whip me!"

I heard a laugh by the door. I looked up to see a handsome looking guy. "He's so pitiful, please let him go Min." He said. "Young Master!", she gasped.

Young master?

"Isn't the kid already hurt? Disciplining him would be going overboard, don't you think?" Young master said.

Wahhh he's so cool! Just who is this sparkling prince?!

"But young master..-"

"Well, I said to release him, so release him." He showed a sweet smile, which I bet every girl would fall for. "Okay Min?" He said with that smile of his.

I looked at Min. I can tell she was mesmerized by his smile. Her cheeks were flushed.

"Geez, I guess it can't be helped since young master is so generous." She let go of me and walked out the room. The head maid really gave in?! Amazing..! But seriously, who is this?

"Hey, your hand is injured." He said. I looked at my hand and saw a cut. "Ah..I didn't even notice." I said. "It seems that you were cut when you broke the plate..come here, I'll treat it for you."

H-Huh? Who is this person?! Not only is he cool, but he's also kind!

***

"There, all fixed." He said while putting the first aid kit away. "Thank you for saving me and treating my wound." I said with a smile. "No problem, it must be a daily struggle to do a job that you're not used to."

"But please be careful to not get hurt. Okay Taehyung?" I immediately looked at him with a confused expression. "You know my name?" I asked. "I know about you, that's why I hired you."

Huh?!

"Ahh that's right, it's a bit late to say it, but I'm the eldest son. Jeon Jungkook." So he is the eldest son of this royal mansion. "In my parent's absence, I am the master of this estate."

"I was on a training trip overseas. So I'm sorry for the delayed greeting." I was too amused to even respond. "We didn't think that a boy would apply for a job as a maid."

"But if there's ever anything you need, you can call me." He said while patting my head. I felt my face starting to heat up.

This is the nicest anyone's been to me since I arrived here. I'm so happy, I feel deeply moved. His gentle smile is making my heart swell..

"Thank you very much!" I said happily.

"Well then, I should get back to work. Thank you for treating me!"

No one's pov

Jungkook stared at the door once Taehyung closed it. He couldn't help but smile. "Kim Taehyung, huh? What a cute kid."

***

"So, what has you so depressed today?" Jimin asked. Jeon Jimin, he was the second son of the family. Taehyung sat on the grass and hugged his legs up to his chest.

"Younger master..I broke a vase today.." he said. "What? Just a vase? That's not a big deal. I can't even count how many things I broke as a kid." Jimin laughed.

"No one does it perfectly at first, everyone learns from their mistakes." He continued. Taehyung looked at him with a bright smile. "You're so kind!" He said.

"Anyways, you'll feel better after eating some pudding right? I bought it at the department store earlier. The caramel sauce is really good." Jimin said while opening the pudding.

We've been getting along really well recently. He may be a young master, but he doesn't put on the air of one. He's really an open hearted person. He even treats a maid like me as a friend.

"Here, say 'ahh'." He moved the spoon towards Taehyung's mouth. He did as he said and ate the pudding. His body relaxed by the delicious taste. "It's good huh?" Jimin said. Taehyung nodded with his eyes closed.

Jimin laughed at the cute sight. "This feels like I have a younger brother." He laughed. "You're like a little brother, I'm the youngest out of two children. So I've always wanted a younger brother."

"Me too! I'm the eldest, so I've always wanted an older brother!" Jimin stared at him for a moment then soon brought him into a tight hug.

"Then I'll think of you as a younger brother Taehyung! It's fine for you to think of me as your older brother." Jimin said while rubbing his cheek against Taehyung's.

"Young master-?"

"There there, do you want more pudding?"