#1

His dastardly stoic face didn't falter a bit as she spilled his hot coffee on his expensive, pressed white shirt. Her eyes widened to the sauce of softballs. Her hands quickly searched for napkins to attempt to stop the scorching liquid from spreading. His eyes looked up to her name tag. They read it as he spoke in a deep monotone voice, "Clair is it? Stop assaulting me with napkins." Her body froze in place once her gaze met his own dark blue orbs.

"U-um...yes s-sir..," she ran back to the counter to make him another coffee. Her return was met with an empty chair and disappointment. 

It was her third day at The Winter-world Cafe and she has ruined yet another man's nice shirt. The man with deep ocean eyes left a twenty on the table and a note that read, "Is there something wrong with your hands? I hope note. I'm looking for someone to fill a job position. Tuesday @ 10:30 am sharp." An address followed  his messy scrawl of a job offer.Her eyebrows furrowed towards the center point between them. 

"Clair! What are you doing?!" Her boss' deep voice penetrated her thoughts. 

Immediately, she ran back into the kitchen. Her hasty retreat left the money and note unnoticed by her ill-humored employer, who would surely go into cardiac arrest once he saw his poorly polished table.

Winter-world Cafe's kitchen gleamed with the shine and disinfectant smell that comes after