Chapter 4

Tony cleared his throat,
Maybe a malfunction in the reading? No, a wrong reading in his program? Impossible. But Tony scanned it over again, previous history scans and they all came up the same none the less.

Cuts, horrible cuts. Legs, arms, stomach. Anywhere and everywhere. He hadn't seen someone this bad before --

Peter laid back onto the table with a grunt, tears flooding his eyes and dripping down onto the metal surface. Bruce's eyes widened as he watched the screen that Tony continued to stare at.

Well, do something Tony.

Bruce patted Tony's shoulder with a reassuring grip.

Peter began to get up slowly, up from off the table.

"Kid, please. It's alright."
Tony started as he turned to look at peter getting off the table.
"Hey hey, no need to get up and leave. It's alright."

Peter's fingers felt numb, gasping for air in quick drawn breaths. He clutched at his chest, falling back upon the table.

"Peter, slow down your breathing- it's alright" Banner said rushing over to push him back up onto the table.
Tony wasn't short to follow after him, grabbing his hand and clutching it tightly.
"Breath slowly for me pete- in and out. Count to three for me....in and out-"

After a while Peters breathing had slowed down to normal, but he felt horrible. He was in so much trouble. That's what he thought at least.

How could he do this? Break down in front of his idol, and his favorite scientist? This day couldn't of got any worse than that.

But it did.

It started with a phone call.
That single call which hurt peter on ways others couldn't mentally.

Peter had calmed down, Tony and Bruce had decided to sit aside and let him sit for a moment before continuing anything that may cause another hypoventilation attack.

Tony was pacing slightly, waiting till Peter was ready. He felt a buzz in his pocket, pulling out his phone. It was a call- from the hospital? He gave a groggy sigh and answered the phone.

"Tony Stark speaking, what'cha want?" He obviously sounded ticked off that he was sort of getting interrupted in the middle of something important.

The voice was a woman, sounding as if she was younger.
"Yes hello sir, I'm very sorry to interrupt anything that may be going on but here on the emergency contact list you're second on it. We've been unable to contact Peter Parker,"

Tony wasn't all sure what had happened but just responded with a short;
"Right, so what's the problem."

The woman began to speak again, Tony walking out of the room after looking back at Peter and Bruce.

"Peters Aunt has been hospitalized, she was in an accident. There's no other relatives that we can contact besides Peter and like I said-"
Tony cut the woman off.
"He's here with me, what happened to his aunt?"

"Well she was, of what the report says, was in a hit and run accident. The other driver that fled crashed and died on impact. His aunt although is in serious condition, we don't think she has much time.."
Tony gave a shaken sigh, this was gonna ruin the kid.