10. Winter Musical Auditions

The next day at school, Principal Matsui accepted Troy and Gabriella's situation and allowed them to care for Tori as needed during classes. Everyone's in homeroom waiting for Ms. Darbus and Tori's playing with the stuffed basketball that Troy had given her as a permanent gift in her new car seat. The couple had gone with the Disney Princess theme and so Tori has on a light blue onsie with Cinderella on it, a pair of dark blue jeans, and light blue baby Converse. She also has a dark blue jean jacket on draped open so you can see Cinderella on her onsie. Then she has a Princess Aurora blanket layed over her. Gabby took her seat in the back like she tried yesterday and has Tori next to her on the floor so she can watch her. Troy thought it a good idea and sat by himself in his seat today. Ms. Darbus walks in as the bell rings and starts announcements. "Today are the auditions for the winter musicale. Both single and pairs." Tori cooed. "What was that?!"

Gabby looked at her daughter. "You have to stay quiet, Tori." Tori looked at her mother and frowned. "I know you're happy, Sweetheart, but you have to stay quiet. Don't make any noises unless you need something." She told her gently. Tori stayed silent and went back to playing with her basketball. Gabriella looked at her teacher. "Sorry, Ms. Darbus. It's just my daughter. I didn't have a choice, but she'll stay quiet now."

"Very well. As I was saying." She continued the announcements.

The bell rings and everyone files out. "Troy." Gabby said.

"Yeah, Babe?"

"You taking Tori now?"

"Yeah. If she's hungry, I'll bring her to you." He said and took Tori from her.

"Ok. I love you."

He pecked her lips. "I love you too."

"And I love you, My Sweet Little Angel." Gabby said to their daughter and kissed her forehead.

Tori smiled and they parted ways.

Troy walked into class and sat down in his seat. It was his science class. He sat Tori next to his stool and made sure she was happy. The teacher walked in and saw him. "Hello, Troy. You're early to class today."

"Yeah. But I have my daughter with me and had to be."

She looked down and saw Tori then looked back at Troy. "Oh. How'd this happen?"

"My girlfriend Gabriella Montez and I were kind of forced to adopt her yesterday. Well, she was. But I told her I'd help since we're getting married soon and the baby needs two parents."

"Gabriella Montez?"

"Yep."

"She's my best student!"

Troy laughed. "She's every teacher's best student, Mrs. Laurence. But she's the love of my life and the mother of my child."

Mrs. Laurence smiled. "You must love her very much, Troy."

"You have no idea. When are you due? You look like you'll go into labor any minute."

Mrs. Laurence laughed. "I'm due in three weeks from today."

"Cool. So you'll be here for the basketball championship?"

"I wouldn't miss it, Superstar."

"Awesome." Tori starts crying and Troy picks her up. "Sorry, Mrs. Laurence. We'll be back. I have to take her to Gabby to feed."

"Alright. Hurry back as soon as possible."

"I will." And with that, he went to Gabriella's class. "Hey, Babe. She's hungry."

Gabriella takes the crying infant and starts to breast feed her. Troy holds a blanket in front of her to cover her. "Thanks, Wildcat."

"Of course. No one should see those except me."

"Right." Tori finished eating and Gabriella gave her to Troy to burp. She pulled her bra and shirt up then kissed Troy. "I'll see you after class for the auditions."

"Ok. Meet me outside Mrs. Laurence's classroom."

"Ok." She sat back down and Troy went back to science class taking their daughter with him.

It's now free period and Gabriella has just picked Troy and Tori up. "Hey, Wildcat. Ready?"

"Definitely. And I think Tori's happy to watch. Aren't you, Princess?"

Tori laughed and clapped as best she could. "Dooooooo."

The couple laughed and headed to the theatre. Ms. Darbus was explaining the fine arts of theatre when they walked in. They sat up front and waited. Auditions started and everyone was bad. (Just think of the auditions in the movie) Sharpay and Ryan went next and sang the song their own way. "Good job. Wonderful." She looked at the sign ups again. "Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez."

Gabriella sat Tori on her chair facing the stage and she went up with Troy. Tori in her car seat sat watching her parents. Kelsi started playing. Troy started. "It's hard to believe. That I couldn't see. You were always right beside me."

Gabriella took over. "Thought I was alone. With no one to hold."

Troy joined her. "But you were always right beside me. This feeling's like no other. I want you to know. That I've never had someone. That knows me like you do. The way you do. And I've never had someone. As good for me as you. No one like you. So lonely before. I finally found. What I've been looking for."

Gabby finished. "Hoooohoooo ooooh."

Everyone clapped. Tori clapped too and made happy noises. Sharpay was pissed and knew she lost to Gabriella.