Chapter 3

Emma POV

"Okay blue or red?" Tyler said holding up two different pairs of Jordans.

"Blue." i said.

"Red." Dylan said.

"Blue." i said a little louder.

Dylan was about to say something but Tyler cut him off, "Black it is!"

Dylan's head was stuck in his phone and i think we both started to notice when he got really quiet and started smiling.

"Dude who are you texting?" Tyler asked.

"Probably his mommy." i said laughing at the end.

"NO! You remember that girl we saw at the party?" he said looking up.

"Yea aw what's her name?!" Tyler was actually interested in this?!

"Madison Beer. And get this she's a singer!" Dylan said.

"Damn that's hot." Tyler started reading the messages.

"I still think blue. I'm gonna go do stuff buy losers." I picked up my Nike bag and walked out.

Shopping with boys is boring. All they do is look at shoes. I mean i could look at shoes too but not all day! So i decided to walk and eventually I would find something. I felt my phone vibrate so I stuck my hand in my purse. Wow there's a lot of change in--

Just my luck my purse fell and all the change scattered around the floor. Shit. I said to myself.

"Let me help you." a voice said from above. I looked up to see crystal blue eyes staring back at me, the sun perfectly shining on his face. Okay okay the moment wasn't that perfect. It was more like he said something and I looked up checking to see if my hair looked okay. But anyways I kind of just nodded in awe and watched him squat down next to me. He started picking up some of the change and put it in the palm of his hand.

"Is this you?" He added a little laugh in at the end. "Emma. Emma Wood?"

"The one and only." I said, taking my driver's license and the change from him. "Wouldn't be good if I lost that haha."

"No it would not. Well it was nice to meet you Emma Wood." he grinned at me.

"Not as good as it was to meet you..." i started to say.

"Jake. Jake Hemmel." he said.

"Jake Hemmel." i laughed back at him. He gave a little wave and turned to walk away but I just stood and watched. Then it kind of just blurted out of me.

"Jake wait up." He turned to me, still smiling. "Do you wanna get something to eat? Or something?"

His smile got even bigger. "Yeah why not." We started walking to the food court, making small talk about ourselves.

"Emma!" someone shouted. I turned and it was Dylan, but without Tyler. "Where's Ty and who is that."

"I don't know where Ty is I left you guys a while ago!" I tried to turn to walk away.

"Emma this is serious his phone is going straight to voicemail and I don't know where he is!" Dylan was serious.

"So you come to me for help?! Idiot boy!" I said.

"I'm Jake by the way." Jake said.

"Hi Jake." We both said at the same time.

"Look it, i'm kind of busy here so how bout you find him and then you guys can go back to talking about Mason or whatever that girl is." I said.

"Her name is Madison and I don't like her and I just need to find him so can you shut up." Dylan said.

"You came to me." I said putting my hands up in defense. You'd think it'd be Dylan we're looking for but somehow he managed to stay civilized.