[6] Our Very Last

🚨INTENSE CHAPTER AHEAD🚨

Holy crap six updates- y'all better love me.

ALSO!! Go check out ohsocrusty 's Black Clover books! They're amazing.

Reader Elf POV (499 years ago)

On my fifteenth birthday, I recieved my grimoire that had wintery magic.

"Wow, that's so cool!" The younger elf children surrounded me outside the grimoire tower, eager to see me use my magic.

"Isn't it weird that Patri has light magic and she has wintery magic?"

Licht shrugged. "Well I suppose her mother had wintery magic, so it's not uncommon."

I gazed at Ratri who looked very proud.

I could see it in his glimmering blue eyes. "Well?" I teased him. "Do you want to make good on that promise you made me last year?"

He scoffed in a teasing manner. "As if I could forget-"

"HEY!" Patri shook his head and stood between us. "You will not be doing anything with my sister! Back off, plebian!"

I cast an annoyed look over to Ratri who shared the same frustration.

He sent me the signal to meet him later after Patri went to bed and I nodded in agreement.

Patri and I invited our close friends to the house to celebrate.

Fana sat extra close to me as did Charla and Reve.

"Patoli," Charla called to my brother. "You'll be arranging a wedding in three years!"

Patri glared at her. "Charla! First, call me Patri. Second, like hell that will happen! I'd rather die then see my baby sister married off to Ratri."

Ratri pretended to clutch his heart. "Ouch."

Rhya let out a lazy yawn. "Don't mind him, Ratri. He's only scared of losing his sister. But they're close to the point where nothing can separate them."

"Be careful," Reve snickered. "I think that Ratri really wants to marry you sooner than later."

I looked down with a blush. "He does? How do you know?"

"How do you not know?! He literally talks about you non-stop and is always happier around you."

Maybe that's true.

And in the spring the following year, I was out with Ratri when we spotted a pair of humans.

"Stay behind me," Ratri warned.