To Meet A Falling Bird.

Chapter 1: To Meet A Falling Bird.

An elegant bird flew through the sky, soaring as high as it dared. The little bird saw many colours and many things. The blue of the sky and sea, the green of nature, the red of blood, the purple of a poison, the gold of murdering eyes, the yellow of a flower, the black of darkness, the white of death, the brown of the ground, the silver of a sword, and the grey of the sky. In the limited time the bird had, it flew as far as it could and saw as much as it could. The bird was free, refusing to be chained down by anything.

The little bird occasionally landed to rest and see the world from a personal perspective before once more taking flight. The bird was a survivor, a warrior, a fighter.  The beautiful bird saw many things, pain, suffering, death, life, happiness. But the small beautiful bird refused to just survive - the bird decided to live.

After all, living was the most beautiful thing to the bird.

Living was an unusual thing. It held no real purpose and was rather trivial, but even the most mundane thing was something so complicated and full of drama. It made no sense to the bird but he wanted to try it. Something so simple was something so complicated to those who lived a normal live. It was weird and unusual to the bird. Why was something he deemed personally stupid capable of ruining one's life? He didn't know but he was interested in finding out. Why was that the way of life and why was it so different from survival? What made the difference so big?

He wanted to try everything. Living, surviving, fighting, saving, flying. He wanted to do it all in his limited time. He wanted to try it all.

~~~A Robin's Life Span~~~

Richard Grayson walked through the streets calmly, his heads behind his head. He was on a midnight stroll, simply enjoying the quiet night and polluted air. He walked through the dark streets of Gotham, enjoying the air despite how polluted it was. Dick took a deep breath, sucking in the pollution and all its poison straight into his lungs. He released a breath, all tension leaving his body. He felt great.

The sky was oddly clear today, allowing the stars to twinkle through and show their brilliance to those who searched for them. It was a bit of a chilly night but Dick found it okay. A bit of exercise to warm himself up was all he really needed to be at an okay temperature.

A shadow flittered above him quickly and Dick curiously looked up to the rooftops, spotting Batman's cape. Dick looked up at him, both surprised and curious to see that the Dark Knight wasn't continuing on his way. Was Dick suspicious or something? He was literally only taking a walk. Surely not even the Bat would be suspicious of him for doing so? Dick was more than aware that no one sane would take a midnight stroll in Gotham, but honestly, Dick wasn't too worried about anything happening to him. If something happened, it happened. Dick wasn't going to be too worried about it.

"You shouldn't be out here at this time of night," Batman spoke, looking down at him. His eyes were narrowed and his body was slightly rigid - although Dick couldn't be too sure. His cape covered most of his body. Dick gave Batman a soft, friendly and carefree smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay. And if anything happens, I'll take full responsibility," Dick replied, his small smile remaining. Batman frowned, clearly not liking his answer.

"It's dangerous out here. You won't be able to defend yourself if you're attacked," Batman tried again but Dick's smile just remained the same, his resolve not changing. If someone happened, Dick would deal with it and if he couldn't; then he only had himself to blame.

"I'm pretty adamant on this walk, so if I do get attacked, it's my own fault. Thank you anyway, Batman. Goodnight," Dick gave the Dark Knight a wave and continued in the direction he was going. He could feel Batman watching him, but he didn't mind. Dick continued on his way.