xxii.

TENSION 

~~~

Warmth washed over her body. She moved slightly but her skin was wrapped tightly in another's. Ivy's eyes opened to be met with Finn's chest. She smiled, immediately feeling a lot better than she had the day before. 

What was surprising was the fact that there was no ache in her head. Even after the amount of alcohol she had consumed, her head didn't hurt. Much.

Ivy moved her body again, trying to wriggle out of Finn's grasp. The boy groaned. Her actions had woken him up. The girl stopped moving and relaxed into his arms again. "Morning." Ivy said. 

Finn's green eyes opened to look at the girl resting on his chest. He smiled, mirroring Ivy's previous actions. "Morning," He replied. His voice was raspy and deeper than usual. "How are you feeling?" 

Ivy sighed and thought about her answer. "I'm alright, actually. Better than yesterday, but I think I should take things slow." Finn nodded at her words, "Okay." As soon as Ivy swung her legs out of the comfort of the bed linen, goosebumps sprinted over her limbs and sent a shiver down her back.

Finn soon followed suit and got out of the bed as well. He let out a sigh as he wandered to the pile of clothes he had left last night. Ivy suddenly felt exposed, she was in just her shirt. She frantically searched the room with her eyes, looking for her clothes so she could cover herself up in front of Finn.

"Where are they?" She whispered to herself but Finn had heard. "Doll," He said to make the girl turn around. "What?" Ivy was slightly annoyed but when she spun around, she made sure to cover her chest up. 

She saw her skirt and stockings resting in Finn's hand. The girl timidly walked over to him and reached for her clothes. "You don't have to worry, Ivy. I've seen you in your underwear before," There was a long pause of silence as both teenagers contemplated his words.

"I-I didn't mean it like that. I-uh-I meant it from when we went swimming in the lake." His words came flooding out of his mouth and Ivy laughed at him, she knew what he meant but she liked to tease him. "Sure you did." She replied with.

~~~

Soon, Ivy and Finn were downstairs at the breakfast table with the rest of the Shelbys. Silence swamped the room but, for once, it wasn't awkward. It was comfortable and everyone was slightly hungover. Everyone apart from Michael, Ivy and Finn, it seemed. 

"Right, that's us off." John and Arthur stood up in unison. "Still got to finish those jobs for Tommy." Arthur told the group. They left the room without saying another word. "I should get going as well." Ada was the next one to stand up. She gave Polly a quick hug and she winked at Ivy because she was sat next to Finn. She stuck her middle finger up at the woman as she walked out of the room.