Ukulele

You don't have to listen to the video that I added at the top, but I would advise you to do so. It is a really beautiful cover by Reneé Dominique that I found about two months ago. (I personally absolutely love it)

Ben was sitting in his room, just looking at his phone.

For a few day's now, he and his friends had a plan to have a friends night out. It supposedly was going to happen today, on a Friday, but now, all plans apparently have crumbled. No one, except for him, could make it.

Jawa has some family matters to attend to. Chip was just mysterious, only saying that he is sorry, but something came up. And Mike and Zoe both have to go to a concert, that apparently they can't miss. Quoting Mike's exact words: "Ben, I'm sorry. I know we all planed the night out, but Zoe and I have to go to the concert. I'm well aware that we both decided to go last minute, but ever since we got together we wanted to do something like this. Our song is played by the group that will be in town, right on Friday. We can't miss it."

Ben scrolled through news articles and just tried to find something to do, but after understanding that there is nothing, he put the phone back in his pocket, stood up and looked around the room.

He was still in spy school, but now, he was 16. Not a lot has changed. Ever since SPYDER was defeated he hasn't been on any missions and every day has been the same after that. It almost felt like the days are going on in a loop.

Ben really has tried his hardest to improve his ability on being a better spy and big improvements are visible. It's just that it came with a price. He hasn't had a lot of free time because of training and the free time that he did have, was spent more on training than spending time with anyone else.

That was the reason why he was so excited to have the night out, he was sick of his repetitive schedule, but now he is back to having the same boring evenings he has had for the past few years.

Ben stood in the quiet room for a few more seconds, until he decided that he can't do it anymore. At least, not today. He stormed out and quickly made his way downstairs.

As soon as he stepped foot outside, Ben felt the fresh air and it relaxed his mind and body. It's not like he hasn't been outside in a long time, it's just that the feeling of finally changing his everyday schedule felt refreshing.

He started walking without a plan and no destination in mind. All that he wanted, was to finally change his lifestyle that he made himself and got trapped in.

He walked through the woods that were next to the school. Just enjoying the evening as he was listening to the chirping birds above him and the rustling treetops that were caused by the wind.

Everything was peaceful, but after walking for a few more minutes he started to hear a melody coming from up ahead. It sounded like someone was strumming some kind of an instrument, though it was too far away to understand exactly what it was.

Curiosity got the best of him so he decided to follow the sound. With each step, the melody got louder and clearer, and after taking just a few more steps ahead, he found a clearing in the middle of the woods. There, he spotted a figure sitting by a tree, with their back rested against the tree trunk and in their hands, they had a ukulele.

Ben slowly walked up to the figure, being careful not to disrupt them. But as he got closer, he slowly started to recognize the person playing the small instrument.

The person was a girl. She had thick dark hair and was slight of build. Her cheekbones were sculpted and her lips were full. She looked just like when they first met a few years ago. Maybe even more beautiful in his eyes.