Chapter One

'The illusion is reality. The only contradiction is the observer.'

- Lionel Suggs

* * *

Standing there, shivering and in shock Suman Tiwari couldn't believe what has happened just a few minutes ago. She was in a state of trance, not aware of what was actually happening around her now. Her mind was stuck at the gravity of the situation she had been just a few minutes ago.

It happened too fast, yet it felt like a lifetime, so sudden that she now was unable to connect the points. But knowing that she was out of it and that she no longer had to worry for Shravan who had beaten Aditya as if his life depended on it as if he cared for nothing and no one but continuing on beating Aditya to death. And now that she no longer had to be on her guard, in the state of panic, she could let herself go. At first, she has been afraid for herself and then more for Shravan who had acted in rage as if he was possessed. He had been blinded by his rage and no matter who many had tried to stop him, pull him away from Aditya, he hadn't until he had heard Nanu yelled at him to stop.

Only after knowing he was safe, after seeing him somewhat in control, everything had stilled around her, and only then she had become aware of her own self and let her mind comprehend what had happened just a few minutes ago.

As she realized it, her tight hold on her choli become tighter but still, she felt it wasn't tight enough because her hands were shivering and trembling, unable to tighten their grip. No matter how much she held it tighter, she still couldn't shake off the feeling of as she was not covered, as if she was bare, unprotected.

When suddenly out of nowhere, something warm evolved itself around her, her head snapped up in shock, just to find Shravan standing in front of her, wrapping his gray coat around her shoulders. Without looking into her eyes, he softly touched her white knuckles with his fingers and loosen their grip. When she felt his silent concern, she felt her eyes fill up with tears, making her vision of him blurry. She blinked a few times to clear it, making her tears fall on his fingers that were rubbing her own in the attempt to normalize the blood flow. Suddenly his head snapped up and he finally looked at her and when he did, she understood why he was avoiding looking into her eyes.

With a deep frown and eyes deeply immersed in pain, he looked as if barely had a hold on himself. Standing in front of her, six feet tall Qutub Minar of her best friend looked so wounded, so fragile as if he would come crumbling down any moment.

"Wow, such a heartwarming sight, isn't guys?" Aditya's voice suddenly rang around them, breaking the silence between them, making them aware of their surroundings.

As she looked around, she became aware that they were still standing in the middle of the hall of Tiwari Killa, as the last of the guest slowly left them to their family matter.

"Always together, forever! You guys make me sick me your sweetness." Aditya spat as he smiled sarcastically at the sight of them standing together. They made a fool out of him. The more he saw them, the more his rage increased.

As soon as they heard his voice, Suman saw the man standing in front of her transform within a blink, no more he looked fragile. He had the same blind rage in his eyes he had before, the same madness. She couldn't notice more as he suddenly turned around to face Aditya who had a sarcastic smile permanently fixed on his face.

"Aditya, shut up for a second," Nirmala whispered yelled at him as she looked at the last of the guests walked out the Tiwari Killa. She had begged Tiwari ji to let her son talk because she was sure her Aditya could never do something like this. There must be a reason, something or someone must have gotten him wrong.