Chapter 2•Just One More Yesterday

The airport was my breaking point honestly, people got to see some random grown man who looks possibly gay and like he's having a midlife crisis break down in front of the entrance gates. It was pathetic. I'm lucky that I've had all these opportunities and could do the things I did for a living but it turned around and stabbed me in the back. Once I composed myself I managed to sleep through the whole flight to anchorage. Now I'm Sebastian Reed, I can not afford to break character again. If I do then there's no escape, there's no clearing my name, there's just even more to answer for. The fans would turn into enemies, my family surly wouldn't forgive me, and my friends would turn their backs on me. I'd maybe be forgotten about by time I'm sixty. So now I have to actually do this properly.

Holding my bags in my tattooed fist I took longer more confident strides. Like Pete did.... oh Pete. He's never going to back down. Of course he won't succeed but for his sake I pray to a false god that he does. Letting out a deep sigh I do nothing more aside from keep my head down and follow exit signs. My vehicle is a dark red Harley Davidson Street Glide, of course the 2019 model. Couldn't have any less than the best. That's one of the reasons I was told to pack light. I only have my backpack. Everything else I need is supposedly in the resort. I'm quite literally living at a resort the next few months, working as a bartender. Of course. I had to take classes and actually I'm decent at making drinks now but it's all a little to cheesy in my opinion. Of course I obviously couldn't sing and do anything to noticeable. Housekeeping would've been alright but I'm not interested in that. Bartending seemed more interesting and creative. Brendon would've laughed his ass off if he saw me now.

The motorcycle was beautiful but rather intimidating. One thing I should've done is taken a lesson but I do have my license. It's just been a while. Twisting the key in the ignition it roared to life. Whoever Spencer is, I wish I could have a pinch of his boldness. Putting on the black helmet I put the backpack over both of my shoulder. Taking it slow backing out of the parking space I took a deep breath before turning on the gps. The route was already saved. As the directions began I drove through the exit gate and onto the main road.

The drive was rather far but not impossible. Would've preferred a different vehicle though. It's cold, who the hell would drive a motorcycle this time of year in Alaska? That's how you get sick. Once arriving the resort was massive. A massive log structure was the main building and where my suite is. Then several other extensions were connected to it I assume rooms and whatever else a resort would have. Turn the key back on the death trap I put the kickstand down then begin my walk up the many steps. Snow had covered most of the ground. The inside looked warm and bright. Very welcoming on a snowy night like now. Entering it I looked up to the insanely high ceiling where a large antler chandelier hung down and then turned to the fire place. It was very cozy. Not Sebastian's style though. Going to the receptionist I put on my best bad boy charm I saw from tv. Slight smirk, act like youre the best looking person to grace the planet, also act disinterested and pissed at everything. "Suite for Reed."

"Reed, we've been expecting you! Your things were already delivered by your parents. I'll show you to your room sir." The chipper receptionist grabbed two sets of keys handing me one. Her ash blonde hair reached just below her jawline. It was clearly curled but in a loose wavy way. Reminded me of Elisa almost with her smile. "You have the largest of the suites we have here. I'm sure you know that though. We've already stocked the fridge with your preferred foods and to welcome you there's a stocked mini bar in your kitchen area."

"Do you come with the room?" Was that charming? To bold maybe? Am I gonna get my ass kicked?

"It's improper to talk to your employees like that," I felt my breath hitch slightly and my cheeks light up. That was a completely failure. Before I could apologize she interrupted though. "Ask me when I'm off the clock."

Stopping at the end of the hall she unlocked the door and turned. A small smirk was on her lips as her eyes engulfed me. I suddenly felt I different type of embarrassed. The kind from attention you didn't expect. I was caught off guard. "Oh uh alright, you know where to find me." Forcing a wink and some fake confidence she let out of a small laugh before closing the door leaving me alone in my suite.

It was massive. Living space, dining area, kitchen, everything. Even my own porch. There's a view of mountains from the living room even. Dropping my bag down I planned to not see anyone again for at least four days. Kicking off my shoes I popped out the contacts blinking the odd feeling away. Stripping down from my costume I went to the shower immediately. After battling the lip ring off I turned on the shower to a rather warm temperature. Stepping in I let it run down my back and hair. Some blue coloring came down with the water from freshly dyed hair. The tattoos on my hands and few on my arms were washing away. I waiting to get them permanent so I could hide them from everyone. My appointment is set for several days from now but I have temporary ones to reapply. It's all so complicated. So many steps. Maybe I should have just ended up on the floor instead.