The Rescue

Sorry it's a little short, i hope you like it ^^ vote and comment :D

Naruto and the guys all climbed the mountain following the shouting coming from the other side.

"Do you think it's the pirates?" Naruto questioned.

"Of course you idiot! It's not just a coincidence!" Kiba barked.

"Hey you never know,"

"Quiet, we're almost there." Sasuke said.

The five guys finally reached the top of the snowy mountain seeing the ocean surrounding the island. In the distance by the shore they saw the rest of the pirates building a new ship out of the ice and stray wood from the wreckage.

"By the looks of it, they'll have that ship built in a day or two. We can't take them all on now; we must rest." Neji said.

"What?! What if they finish early and leave in the morning!" Kiba argued.

"We're far too weak, we don't stand a chance."

"Let's go back to the village and come back in the morning." Shikamaru suggested.

The others agreed and headed down to the village before it got dark. Once they reached the bottom, they saw a figure slumped forward in the middle of the village. Curious, they went towards the figure. As they got closer and closer they noticed blood on the ground below the figure. Once they were close enough, they realized it was Almeria. They all ran towards her examining her wounds. Her once beautiful face was now covered in blood and had fresh bruises.

"Almeria, what happened?" Kiba asked in concern.

She didn't respond.

"It seems that the village got some revenge for what she did." Neji said.

"Is...is she dead?"

"Almost, if she stays out in this cold she'll be dead in the morning." Neji confirmed.

Kiba stared at her face seeing her pained expression. She didn't deserve this, she doesn't deserve to freeze to death.

"We gotta get her down then."

"We can't bother," Sasuke said.

"What did you say Uchiha?" Kiba growled.

"We handed her over to this village. They can do whatever they want with her and we have no authority. She has past convictions with them and this is how they deal with it; there's nothing we can do lover boy."

Kiba glared at Sasuke as he blood was boiling with hatred.

"Lover boy?!"

"We can all see that you are attracted to this criminal. Don't let your feelings effect your reason. She's not ours anymore so it's not our problem."

Kiba lunged for Sasuke only to be stopped by Naruto and Shikamaru.

"Easy Kiba, he's right though. Even if you don't like it, we can't do anything."

Kiba calmed down and huffed in frustration turning away from everyone. He looked over at the unconscious Almeria seeing the blood on her face and outfit drying slowly. Sasuke was right, his affection towards the criminal was clouding his better judgment.

"God I feel like Sakura," Kiba thought thinking about how Sakura was obsessed with a criminal as he looked at Sasuke.

"So uh, where are we supposed to stay?" Naruto questioned looking around.

"The man, I'm guessing is the village leader, said that there was an inn around here." Sasuke said.

"And when did he say that?" Kiba questioned.