Chapter 33 (Edited)

The first thing that I had noticed, when I came through was a blinding light. I groaned trying to turn my head away from the light. That movement made my neck pop. What the hell happened? I thought to myself. "Too... bright... turn..." I croaked out. My throat was parched, and my head was pounding.

"E-Eira?" Ralph asked, stuttering. "Are you awake?" I could hear the relief in his voice, and that made me wonder how long I've been out. I heard shuffling besides me, and I knew that he saw the cursed Sun. "Oh." There was some more shuffling and finally, the light dimmed. "How are you feeling?" he asked, moving back to my side.

"Water," I muttered. I clenched my eyes, trying to stop my headache from taking over. I groaned, a little and opened one eye to look at him. His brown hair was ruffled, as if he had been pulling his hands through it. Dark bags were under his eyes, and it looked like that he didn't sleep at all.

"Right," Ralph said and again he moved from my side and poured some water for me. He placed something in there and it sounded a little bit like a gunshot, making me flinch. "Dang, I did not remember that. Sorry, Eir," he said.

I frowned and raised an eyebrow. Eir? Who in their right mind calls me that. Huh, I guess some people aren't. It might be survival instincts. "What'd you do?" I croaked out, as I struggled to sit. I groaned, as a wave a nausea came over me. I placed my head on my knees and groaned, again, covering my head with my hands. I could feel the world spinning, and it made my stomach turn, also.

"Eira," Ralph scowled, like I was some stubborn two year-old. "You shouldn't have gotten up just yet. You used a lot of energy yesterday."

"What'd I do?" I muttered, blinking. "I-I remember that the glass broke and then..." I frowned again, trying to remember what had happened. "Everything seemed to stop moving... and then it crashed..."

"You slowed down time," Ralph said. "That's a lot of energy wasted." There was a slight teasing scowl in his voice, and if I had been feeling a little better, I would've shot him a glare. "Here, drink this. It should boost your energy up. It'll also help with your magical energy."

I lifted my head and looked into his forest green eyes, confused. "Magical energy?" I asked.

Ralph nodded his head. "Yes," he replied. "You have regular energy, which consists of your stamina and all that crap. And then you have magical energy where you control whatever..."

"Is water to form ice, etc," I replied, shrugging my shoulder. "And is that going to poison me?" I looked at the cup in his hand. I mean, there was a loud pop as he placed something in it.

Ralph shook his head. "No," he said. "Just... trust me."

I frowned. "Ok, you're the healer." With that, I took the cup from him and drunk it in one gulp. I groaned,as energy flowed through me. I closed my eyes and waited for the dizziness to stop. "You could've warned me about the energy," I said, still grumbling. Finally, the room stopped spinning and opened my eyes again. I mocked glared at Ralph, not really mad at him.

Ralph smiled. "Sorry 'bout that," he said. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He studied me. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "Better," I replied. "Now, where are we?"

Ralph cleared his throat and looked away. "Umm...."

My whole body stiffened. "Ralph," I warned. "Where are we?"

"S-Seattle, Washington," Ralph replied, looking down. "I-I told him not to, so did Laura, but David..." He didn't finish.

I stood up quickly and groaned. I gripped my head, before shaking the feeling off. "We can't be here. Doesn't the words 'Sudden Death' mean anything?" I asked. I grumbled some more stuff under my breath, as I grabbed some clothing before going into the bathroom. I was going to take a quick shower before I start to hurt someone.