Nothing Lasts Forever [Part 1]

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I'm leaving."

"After everything that we've been through?"

"I have to do this."

"No. You think you have to do this."

"Maybe. But you're better off without me."

"You honestly believe that?"

"I know that."

"You think that. You don't see is that everything will change without you. Not just me, but everything."

"I know that. But I also have to do this for myself."

"Okay. But I won't be here when you come back."

"Fair enough."

That was it. That was how Stiles left Beacon Hills after Derek left. He honestly had no reason to stay, everyone was leaving for school, his dad was doing great, Stiles didn't have to worry. Why stay somewhere when there is nothing left for you.

So Stiles picked up everything, made sure the Jeep was set and took off driving without a destination. He would keep in touch with his dad, Scott, and Lydia no one else ever tried so why would he? It was for the better. 

He's had a lot of fun on the road, no worries, no supernatural, he got to grow up a lot in a different way. He found himself in Oregon and stayed. He liked it there, the way that everything looked, the people we different, but Portland's motto is Keep It Weird. Though he was miles away from Portland in a small farming town.

"Sti, you ready to go?" Stiles looked up from working on his Jeep to the blond girl leaning again the barn door.

"Oh, yeah. Lost track of time." He smiled setting down his tools and grabbing a clean rag to clean the grease off of himself.

"If you would let me help you fix that it would be done by now you know." A boy said coming into the barn.

"I know. But it helps me clear my head. I'll need your help putting on the new exhaust tomorrow." Stiles smiled at him. 

"Are you sure you're up to this bonfire? You've been really out of it Stiles." The girl rested her hand on his arm giving him a weak smile.

"Hanna, I'll be fine. When are you going to believe that?" Stiles sighed climbing into the truck waiting for her to follow.

"I'll believe that the day that you're over that stupid werewolf." She said rolling her eyes climbing into the driver's seat. 

"Ouch." The boy in the passenger seat said.

"Sorry, Nash, not all werewolves are stupid. Just Derek Hale." Hanna scuffed giving Stiles a look through the rearview mirror. "Sorry, I just want to shoot him right now." 

In Stiles travels, he got away from the supernatural, until he ran into his odd couple who reminded him of his best friend. Nash was bitten, Stiles found him in the woods freaking out, he had to help him. After a few weeks, Hanna came along, she'd been looking for Nash everywhere as they were friends and he just vanished. Stiles felt like he was reliving high school all over again having to teach Nash about being a werewolf and having to Hanna how to help him. It was nice though, nowhere near as hectic as Beacon Hills. He didn't mind doing it this time around. Hanna's basically become like Allison, just not dead.

"It's okay. Believe me, I do too." It's been a year since Derek left Beacon Hills and not too long after Stiles left himself. It's starting to all hit him again pretty hard.

"I bet you I could kick his ass," Nash smirked.

Stiles shook his head with a laugh. "No one could beat Derek, he always pulled through. Even when we thought he was dead." There were so many times they thought that Derek was dead, but he came back stronger than ever each time.

"Let's stop with all of the Derek talk. Let's just have some fun." Hanna smiled pulling up to the large bonfire. Stiles grinned, summer was the perfect time of year for bonfires. He really likes his new life, but nothing lasts forever does it?