3 × you seem different

This was the first time Jay has seen Daniel being so insistent on a subject. They went back to the room together and Daniel started bombarding him with questions.

"Do you know that girl?"

"Who is she?"

"Does she go here? Wait, of course she goes here. Stupid question, forget about that.

"What's her name?"

"Are you friends with her?"

Jay proceeded to answer all of Daniel's question but everytime he's done answering the last one, Daniel would throw him another. He decided to do the asking this time.

"How do you know her?"

That seem to caught Daniel off-guard, stopping him from finishing his "where do you know her from?" question. "Oh. We, uhh...we met at the convenience store."

Jay squinted suspiciously at Daniel but then realized he won't really be able to tell because his bangs were obscuring that view. But for some reason, Daniel did and Jay didn't understand why he was surprised at that because Daniel really does seem to understand him.

The dark-haired boy began fidgeting, suddenly conscious of how his quick fire questions may come across. Oh god, does Jay think I'm weird now? "I-it's true! We've met before at a store."

"When exactly?" Jay pressed on.

Would the truth be the safe answer or does he need to lie? But before he can answer, their first period teacher entered the room and began class.

"I'll introduce you to her at lunch, if you want." Jay had urged on. And Daniel nodded, feeling a tiny bit excited.

The cafeteria was messier than she remembered. Actually, everything about the school was messier than she remembered. The students were rowdier, too. A semester of attendance was not enough for her to get attached to the school but still, there's something about leaving behind a place where all the best people you know are in it.

Chae Eun felt a shoulder nudged onto her back. Eun Tae was pushing her forward, since it's her turn to pick out her lunch.

"Right, sorry." She pointed at the display to the lunch lady and relayed her order. After they were all done, they found a table and settled down.

Eun Tae was observing Chae Eun the whole time and dared to ask, "Do you have something on your mind? What's going on?"

"Hmm?" She was munching on her food when she was asked. She shrugged as if saying, "What do you mean?"

"You've been dazing in and out since class started. Not typical of you to do that. Want to tell me about it?" He may have only gaze at Chae Eun during their whole first period and saw her worry lines waxing and waning.

Jace ears twitched. "What's this about now?" He turned to look at Chae Eun, who was sitting beside him. Eun Tae was on the other side of the table, concern etched on his face. Chae Eun remained silent and continued eating. "Choi Chae Eun, what's wrong?" Jace's voice was stern.

She could never hide anything from these guys. Why do they have to be so damn observant? Especially Eun Tae. And Jace specializes in interrogation so the two of them together were a serious pain in the ass. Chae Eun set down her utensils. "I was going to wait to tell you but you two are just so nosy, aren't you?" She made sure to sound irritated.

But Eun Tae and Jace saw through it and knew that that was just a cloaking for something. They don't know if that something was good or bad, though. "Yeah, yeah, we love you too." Jace grumbled, swatting at the air. Dread was creeping in. Eun Tae could feel it too. "You're making us nervous, Chae Eun. Is it something bad?"