Chapter 1

Hello loves, I wanted to start by saying thank you for sticking with me! I know it's been a while since I actually wrote a story.

I wanted to write a genuine love story, I hope you enjoy

Lovie's POV

"Lovie!" My mom smiled opening the noisy door of her home that was twice her age. I came to visit her on the weekends when I wasn't busy grading papers.

Stepping inside, taking my shoes off first of course. I gave her a soulful "Hey mama" before she got the chance to offer me something.

"I made some apple pie, do you want a slice? I know it's your favorite.""Why do you always offer me food? You trying to get me fat mom?" I chuckled plopping my but on the couch.

"Oh hush Love, you ain't nowhere near fat, it looks like you're wasting away!"

Chuckling "I'll take one to go." My mom walked to the kitchen to make my plate.

"How are the kids?" She hollered from the kitchen."They're good, very talkative and they all hate literature."

"I've yet to meet a teenager that does." Coming from the kitchen she handed me a plate wrapped in foil."Thank you."

"But you know what you're doing is amazing. Few young teachers chose to teach at Clover."

Nodding "Yeah I know mom."

Clover Heights Academy was a 6th-12th grade school. Smack dead in the center of one of the worst neighborhoods in the state. It had everything from shootings, standings, fights, and it carried a bad name. As soon as I graduated college it was the first place I applied to, I got it, and I've been working there for one year now.

"It's not that bad though, the kids are sweet. They need attention."

"Doesn't matter, you're underpaid and overworked." My mom was always the mom that said her opinions, no matter how hurtful they were. She hated that I moved further away from her to go work at Clover, she thought I was better.

"But I'm shaping these kids lives mom. That's gotta mean something."

"Those kids don't care about school or you. They there because they have to be." Sighing to myself, I went on to change the subject.

"So where's dad? At work?"

"If you call fixing that old Cadillac in the garage work then yes, he's at work."

"He spent the majority of his life working on that thing, he needs to stop." I chuckled.

"That man is going to work himself to the skeleton." She responded."Mom that sounds so old, stop! You're not old!" I giggled. My mom was a grandma but still looked good in skinny jeans.

"That is not old!" She laughed.

"Yes it is, you sound like grandma. You're in your forties, you shouldn't be acting that old.

"Making one of her signature snarky faces, she mumbled "I wish I was a grandma."

"Mom? We're doing this again?" I sighed sinking into the couch.

"Yes, Jr. has a wife and two beautiful daughters, why can't you take some notes from him?" I had an older brother named James. He was a doctor, married his college sweetheart and settled down a few hours away. While I did envy his life, it wasn't for me.

"I'm nothing like Jr." I added. Folding her arms, mom mumbled an "Obviously" and continued to watch television.

"That's my cue to get going." I slouched my way up and to the door to get my shoes.

"Mmm yeah it's a long ride all the way away from me." She pouted walking me to the door."Calm down mom, you know I love you."

"Mhmmm, drive home safely baby." Walking down the porch steps to my little Honda, I pulled off waving my mom goodbye.

"He trying to roll me up, I ain't picking up. Headed to the club, I ain't thinking 'bout you" I sang turning the volume up in my car. Before hopping on the highway, I spotted a Dollar Tree. Which reminded me that I needed some printer paper and pens.

"Let me get this now before I forget." I said to myself turning into the strip where the store was. Turning down Bey, I got out my car and into the store.

"Me and my ladies sip my D'usse cup, I don't give a fuck, chucking my deuces up." I continued to sing, down the crafts isle holding three packets of paper.

"Suck on my balls, pause, I had enough. I ain't thinking 'bout you, I ain't thinking 'bout yo... oh my!" I gasped hitting the person in front of me. I had dropped the paper and he had dropped his cup.

"Wow I really wanted to drink that tea." He chuckled. Squatting down to pick up my paper, he went down with me.

"I think these are yours." He added giving me my paper. I smiled and gave him his empty mug.

"And this belongs to you."Looking up at the man, he looked very nice. Well put together, and tall.

"Thank you. What are you doing in here this late?"

"Need some paper and pens." I smiled standing up, he nodded and reached for a pack of red pens, which happened to be the ones I needed."Here you go, have fun grading those papers."

He smiled walking away. I gave him a nod and proceeded to look down the aisle just in case I needed something else.I ended up grabbed some chalk as well, walking up to the register. I saw the gentlemen who I bumped into, he had some sticky notes. I stepped behind him and proceeded to wait.While he was paying the cashier, I started to place my things on the counter. Getting out my wallet to prepare I heard some humming.

"I ain't thinking 'bout you." he sang lowly. Making sure no one would hear him, I'm guessing, he was singing my song, ha!

Once he left, I paid for my supplies and made my way back to my car.Unlocking the door I threw the bag in my passenger side. Before stepping inside I was interrupted by a light "Excuse me?"It was the mystery man, standing outside on the sidewalk."Hi, did you wait here for me?" I asked.

He smiled and chuckled lightly "Don't say it like that, I just wanted to know your name."

"Oh it's Lovie."

"Lovie? That's a beautiful name." I smiled at his kind words, my name doesn't go over well with most people.

"Thank you, what's yours?"

"Daniel but my friends and family call me Diggy."

"Nice to meet you Diggy, sorry about your tea."

"Nah it's good, probably the most eventful encounter I've had with a person."

"Well at least I'm memorable."

"Yeah, you most definitely are. It was nice to meet you Lovie, have a good evening." He nodded walking away to his car.