Serenity's Song

Nhiimo , here is what you wanted. Enjoy! (Although it might be too long) :)

---

As far as anyone could remember, the girl never, ever talks. Like ever. She just writes stuff down.

Her name is Serenity. Mine is Liam.

I had asked her once, "Why don't you talk?"

She just smiled at me.

What does that mean?

Everyone just simply assumed that she's mute. Obviously there is no other explanation.

Right?

---

Then, there was the talent show. It's impossible to find a single room where nobody says the word "talent".

To everyone's surprise, Serenity signed up.

"What she's going to do? Speak sign language?" Britney, a pretty and popular but super annoying girl, spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. "I'm obviously going to beat her. Right, Liam?" She asked me. Britney had a crush on me since... I don't know. Since elementary?

Serenity glanced at Britney, then went back to her biology worksheet.

I didn't answer Britney. To fill the silence, Linda, another popular girl that is more annoying and also Britney's bestie said, "Of course you will!" She pumped her fist up to show her enthusiasm, but accidentally punched her poor lab partner instead.

I hope she punches Britney next.

---

It was the day of the talent show.

Most of the students, including me, was filed into the auditorium. The ones participating in the contest was directed to the backstage.

"Anyone wants to volunteer?" The host of the contest, Brian Something-I-can't-remember asked.

Britney's hand shot up.

"What's your name?" The host asked her.

"Britney. Britney McKenzie." She replied smugly. Everyone knew that the McKenzie family is rich and owns two companies, and she absolutely had to rub that in our faces.

"What talent are you demonstrating?"

"Singing. Everyone knows that mine is the best." Britney smirked at a nerdy girl that everyone knows is also singing. The girl had declared that the first day the talent show was mentioned.

The host seemed to be annoyed. "You may start, Britney."

She stepped onto the platform. "I will be performing Come And Get It by Selena Gomez." She announced.

The music started playing.

"When you're ready come and get it, na na na na, na na na na, na na na na. When-" she warbled. Everyone cringed and covered their ears. It was that horrible.