Chapter One

Apollo was the smartest boy in his year. Some would say he was the younger brother of Hermione Granger. Being the smartest of his age. Apollo Murphy is very different than Hermione. For instance, Hermione is a Gryffindor and Apollo is a Slytherin. Hermione is a muggle-born while Apollo is a pure blood who lost everyone. Another being Hermione is happy with her life while Apollo wants to end his.

It was a week before spring break and Apollo hasn't been to any of his classes in three days. Everyone was starting to worry. Where could the genius first year be? At lunch that day, Apollo was still missing. "All students and staff. We have a child missing." Dumbledore said from the front of the room. "Apollo Murphy has gone missing. If you have seen or heard from him since three days ago please speak now. We are going to have a search party for him. We must find Apollo." Dumbledore said. After no one spoke up about seeing or hearing from him, Dumbledore dismisses everyone to look for the boy. Draco even called his family to help. So now Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange and Tom Riddle where there looking for the boy.

Severus Snape was undoubtedly the most worried. To the staff, it was quite obvious by the way he rushed around, faster then everyone else. The man wanted to find his snake. To the students, Severus Snape hates children and didn't care what happened to them. But in reality, Severus loves children and would do anything to protect them, especially if he was responsible for said child.

Severus was looking around outside for the lost teen. He was about to go back inside before he saw a boy at the top of the astronomy tower. He saw the curly dark blond hair and knew who it was. He immediately broke into a run and ran up the stairs of the tower. He got to the top and saw Apollo standing on the edge.

"Apollo?" The man said softly. The boy didn't even look at him. "Go away!" He said. Severus heard the pain in his voice and his heart broke. "Apollo, please, get away from the edge." Severus said gently. Apollo looked over at him, his big doe eyes full of tears and his cheeks covered in tears. "Apollo, please." Severus said and held his hand out slowly for the boy to grab.

"I have to." Apollo said and turned back to the edge. "No! Apollo, you don't have to! If you died, you would leave us all! I wouldn't know what to do if you died!" Severus said. The boy heard his words but didn't believe him. "Everyone's lives would go on. No one would miss me." The boy said. Severus' eyes widened as he saw Apollo lift his foot to walk off the edge. Severus quickly moved to the boy and before he could fall, Severus grabbed him from around the waist and pulled him back.

"No! Let me go!" The boy screamed and swung his arms to get free. "Shh, shhh." Severus cooed at the boy. "No! Let me go! Let me die!" The boy sobbed. "I wanna die." The teens voice cracked and his sobs were heard. Severus slowly lowered the both of them to the ground and he held the small boy close. "Shh, it's okay. Everything will be okay." Severus cooed softly. Severus saw someone in the corner of his eye and he looked over only to see his father, Tom Riddle, standing there. Tom nodded at Severus to tell him to continue. Severus rubbed the boys back and sighed out a breathe he didn't know he was holding.

The two sat there like that for a good ten minutes before the child's sobs slowed and he was only sniffling and hiccuping. Severus stood up slowly and held the boy close. He held Apollo to were Apollo's face was in Severus' neck and the boys legs were wrapped around the mans waist. Severus had a hand on his back and an arm under his bum to support him. Apollo didn't care, all he wanted was to die but this was the next best thing to him.

Severus looked at his father and the man smiled sadly at them. Severus, The Malfoy Family, McGonagall and Dumbledore knew something that no one else knew. Apollo was actually Severus Snapes son. The boy had his eyes and his grandfathers curly hair. Severus and Tom walked out of the tower with Severus carrying the still upset Apollo. They made it to the bottom and they saw the headmaster, Poppy, McGonagall, and all the Malfoy family standing their waiting for them. Bellatrix wanted to run to her nephew and hug him close but she knew he wasn't in a mindset where he would trust anyone immediately if at all.