Chapter Two

"He's been abused."

Tom looked down at his grandson while Severus felt his heart break. Lucius also felt his heart break. The poor boy was abused!

"How bad?" Tom asked and looked up at her. She looked down and handed him a paper. Tom grabbed it and looked at it. Toms jaw dropped lightly. "Are you sure this is right?" Tom asked with tears in his eyes. Poppy nodded sadly.

"What? What happened to him?" Severus asked, wanting to know what happened to his son. "Sev, he's been abused in ways that no one should go through." Tom said softly. Severus felt his eyes tear up. "Please don't tell me you mean." Severus stopped and took a deep breath.

"Sev, Apollo was raped." Tom said. Severus felt the tears leave his eyes and his world crash. His son. His baby was raped. And we wasn't there for him. "Is he okay now?" Severus asked softly as he looked down and wiped his tears away. Tom looked at his grandson then to his youngest and sighed. "I think it will take some time, but he will be. He needs his family more than ever now." Tom said and pat the sleeping boys bottom softly.

Severus nodded softly and took a shaky breath. He looked up and watched his son sleep soundly in Toms arms. The boys unruly curls made him look younger than he was. Apollo was eleven, yes, but the boy didn't look like he was. The boy was the height of a seven year old and the weight of a six year old, according to the scan. He was only four foot three and 47 pounds. He was way to tiny to be eleven, let alone be alive. He was very malnourished. It was a miracle the boy was still alive.

"It had to of been the father." Lucius had seethed when he referred to the male figure in Apollos life as father. Knowing that man was no father. Severus looked at his older brother. "The mother clearly loved him, even said so in her note. That leaves the father." He concluded. Severus looked over at his father. Lucius was right, who else could've done this much damage to a child?

"That being said, he will have a hard time trusting male figures, if that is true. We don't know for sure, Lucius, we can't go pointing fingers." Tom spoke softly and looked at his blonde child who's eyes drifted to the floor slightly before looking back up at him. "Sorry." He said softly. Tom gave him a small nod as to tell him it was okay. Tom sighed softly. Everyone froze when they heard a soft whimper. They looked at Apollo and saw the boys eyes slowly begin to open. He closed his eyes again while furrowing his eyebrows together before reopening his eyes.

His breathing hitched as he saw everyone looking at him. Sure, it was only Madam Pomfrey, Mr. Malfoy, Professor Snape, and the man holding him, but that was more people than he was used too. He wasn't used to the attention, nor did he like it. "Hi, Apollo. How are you feeling?" He heard someone say softly. He looked over and saw Severus Snape looking at him with the inquisitive look in his eye. Apollo looked around before looking at him again.

Apollo saw something in him he only saw in his mother. He whimpered softly and reached for him. Severus smiled softly and moved over and lifted him up. Apollo laid his head on the mans shoulder and closed his eyes again. Madam Pomfrey smiled at the sight of the most feared professor being so loving and kind towards a child. It warmed her heart to say the least.

"How are you feeling?" Severus asked again softly and pat the boys back. "Fine." Apollo muttered, not opening his eyes when he felt a hand on his forehead. "I'll give you some time." Madam Pomfrey said and walked out. Severus sat on the couch he was previously sitting on and held Apollo on his lap. "What was that outburst about earlier?" Severus asked softly, hoping to get the boy to tell them why he screamed when he was moved from Severus' arms. Apollo shook his head and screwed his eyes closed, not wanting to talk about it. Severus looked to his father for help, but Tom just nodded for him to continue.