CHAPTER 8

BLACK'S POV

I knew she wasn't fine, no matter how many time she said so. I refused to believe it. Because when the Rosè I know smiled, the skin beneath her eyes creased as her big beautiful eyes took the shape of a crescent moon. Her eyes literally shone when she smiled and a melodius sound always came from her parted pink lips.

But past few days, her smile felt empty as a bottle and her eyes didn't shine anymore. The crescent moon was a rare happening on her eyes. And the used to be melodius sound just seems lost to my ears.

Hoping some time spent with me could maybe help her a bit, I took her slender hand in mine. She glanced up at me as the colour of roses took over her ears and cheeks. I bet she doesn't even realize she is blushing. Giving me a small smile, as her eyes twinkled for the first time in the past few days, she looked down.

Happiness bloomed in my chest, my grin felt so big that it hurt the side of my mouth. I only clutched her hand tighter and walked to the diner. Upon reaching the diner, I withdrew my hand from hers and opened the door of the diner for her while my other hand came down behind her and rested on her small waist.

The diner was bare except for a few elders here and there, holding the hands of their loved ones. I led Rosè to a small booth. Slipping on either sides of the booth, I called the waiter and placed my order.

"What would you like, ma'am?"

"Umm, no thanks. I'm not really hungry. "

"What do you mean you're not hungry? You didn't eat anything since morning." I stated, enraged. "She will have the same as me, thank you." I sent the young waiter away.

I was met by the annoyed glare of Rosè. I only smiled cheekily and took her hand in mine playing with her fingers. Making shapes on them or softly scratching them. Rosè was looking at me warmly her contagious smile made me feel warm. Playing with my fingers as well, she softly tugged on them, making me crack a smile.

"Rosè, even though it hasn't been long since you knew me, I just want you to know that if anything happens, I mean it, ANYTHING you can tell with fear of being judged or ignored. I've somehow learned to care for you and that's why I'm asking you, is everything okay?" I asked, emphasizing on anything.

Her fingers stopped moving, her back wasn't straight anymore. She didn't say anything for a good minute or two before finally saying a single word, "No." She looked up at me with tears hiding her beautiful irises from me. Concerned, I held her hand tighter and got up to sit on the other side with her.

But a teeth breaking punch made my head shift to the side. I could feel that place bruising and felt a bit of blood trickling down my chin where I was hit. A feminine pained gasp was heard  infront of me. Anger clouded over my judgement as I raised my fist towards the perpetrator and brought it down hard enough to make them stagger back. The sight of my dazed kindred greeted ne. Confusion took over my features,"What the fuck do you think you're doing, motherfucking dipshit?"

"Why the fuck is she crying? What did you say to her?! Huh!? Why is she crying?!" came his furious reply. "Did her hurt you? Did he do something, Rosè? Just tell me, I'll tear him apart, brother or not. What is it, love? Please, tell me why are you crying?" This time his questions weren't directed towards me but towards Rosè.

"He didn't do anything. Why the heck do you think it's okay to make assumptions, Xavier? How could you punch him so hard? He is bleeding, you idiot." Rosè hicupped between her sentences and faced me,"And why the fuck did you punch him? Without even seeing who it was? What are you both made of, steel? Why would you punch him hard enough to make him stagger back, you blithering fool." she rebuked me as well.

She just sat down and buried her face in her arms and strated crying hysterically. I shoved Xavier out of the way and sat beside her. Taking her hands in mine, I rubbed her back and arms with my other hand shushing her. After a few more comforting minutes, all that remained were her hiccups. I didn't stop rubbing her arms and muttering soft sentences of encouragement and apology.

I felt warmth in front of me, only to see Xavier shoving himself on the other side of her and softly holding her face in his hands. He smiled softly at her making me see red. My breathing became ragged but I kept myself calm only for Rosè. I just bit my tongue and softly scratched her head.

XAVIER'S POV

I couldn't take it anymore, seeing her hands in his and her face buried in his shoulders. Hot anger slipped through my veins as jealousy coursed through my head. So, I did the only think I was good at, shoving myself  somewhere. Sitting on the other side of her, I took her face in my hands making her look at me. I softly smiled and brushed her tears with my fingers.

"You may look beautiful in any way, but tears suit your face the least. So stop and save those valuable tears and give me that blinding smile of yours like you always do, love." I said, looking right into her pained eyes. She gave a soft smile and took a deep breath calming her heart. She withdrew her hands from Black's and wiped her eyes with a napkin.

"I'm okay. I'm fine now." She said with a broken smile. "Thank you both so much. I don't know what I'd do without your scratches on my head, Black. And without your hilarious  words, Xavier." She joked softly, but it felt like she really meant it.

"Do you wana talk about it, love?" I asked her softly.

"Maybe later, I've got to finish the fries he's been holding for the past 20 minutes." She chuckled pointing towards a waiter holding for, presumably for her. I took it from his hands and placed it in front of Rosè. Sitting on top of the table,

"Here you go, Your Royal Highness." I said in a fake posh accent,"your expensive-as-the-white-house-meal is here." She shook her head chuckling. She threw a piece of fries at me for my silliness before shoving another piece in Black's mouth.

That immediately wiped my smile off.

ROSÈ'S POV

I turned towards Xavier, to throw another piece of fries in his mouth, only to see him glaring at Black heatedly. I looked at Black to see him matching the expression with his brother.

"Will you two stop or should I start crying again?"

Almost immediately they moved their gaze to me, softening their smiles. Xavier took a piece and threw it on my face making me do the same. But he caught it with his teeth making Black and me laugh happily. In turn, Black took a piece of fries and brought it towards my mouth, feeding me.

A ring shattered the serene happiness  surrounding the three of us. Xavier picked up his phone and softly spoke in it. With each moment passing by, his expression became angry and angrier. He jolted up, about to move to leave the diner, when Black's hand fell upon his shoulder stopping him.

"Is everything alright? Are you gonna be in trouble?"

"Everything's alright, just a couple of my friends got in a fight. Nothing I can't handle, and no I won't be in trouble."

With that Xavier left, leaving me with a warm heart at the sight of their concern for each other.