Hues of Italy (Romano X Reader) [One-Shot]

A small sigh escaped your lips as your finger tapped against the bland grey table obviously not enjoying your little problem. In front of you stood your newest project for your digital drawing class plus your entry for the art contest that was coming up in a week but you were literally coming up with blanks on what to do next! You could start layering your colors but something just didn’t seem right with the line art. So with another exhausted sigh, you gave up knowing you’ll have time tomorrow to finish it. Saving your project, you slowly put away your tablet pen only to zip up your bag and threw it over your shoulder. You were tired of this spot already.

It’s only been a month into the semester but you felt like you’ve been there for at least four times more than that but of course it was just the beginning. Walking out of the room, you slowly made your way over to the stairs only to stop from upon seeing something in the room across the hall. From this distance it looked like a painting but as you walked closer with curios eyes you soon found it to be a digital painting instead of traditional. Smiling at the beauty, you couldn’t help but to set your bag down next to the desk after you walked in the room. It was just so memorizing and pretty that you couldn’t even move your gaze away from it. Still aweing at it, you didn’t hear the surprised gasp from behind you until you felt a rather harsh grip on your shoulder.

“What do you think you’re doing, ragazza?” You recognized that angered tone.

“Oh hey, Roma!” You smiled ripping your gaze away from the screen.

“Don’t-a hey me,” He huffed letting you go before crossing his arms. “I asked you a question…”

“Oh, right…” You turned back to the painting. “I was just looking at this painting…it’s very beautiful you know…”

“Yeah…” His voice dropped a bit causing you to look back with a raised eyebrow. Was that jealousy you detected in his voice?

“Roma?” You slowly turned all the way around only to find him scowling at it before turning away and sat down before another screen that was lit. Rather concerned for him, you slowly stood and made your way over to him with eyebrows furrowed together. “Hey…what’s the matter?”

“Nothing…” He huffed and looked away from your worried gaze.

“Nothing my butt,” You puffed your cheeks out before grabbing a chair and sat down next to him. That’s when you noticed the picture on the screen. Dropping your concern, you leaned a bit forward curious on what it was. It showed a starry background with a small town near the bottom of the page while a small figure was standing on a hill in the foreground. Smiling at the sight it soon turned into disappointment when he turned the screen on sleep mode. “Hey! Why did you do that!?”

“Because…” He avoided your gaze. “It sucks…”

“What!?” Your eyes widened. Yeah, you saw a few things that needed to be fixed but over all that picture was beautiful in its own special way. After all everyone has their own style they use. “No it doesn’t!”

“Liar,” He crossed his arms still not looking at you.

“Idiota,” You huffed crossing your own arms using his words against him and leaned back onto your chair a little annoyed now. Nothing bugged you the more than an artist who thinks their style it’s the “best” or doesn’t fit the requirements. Well screw the rules! It’s your art! Not the viewer’s! 

“Eh!?” His eyes finally found you only to be as big as gold balls.

“You heard me,” You gave him a blank look.