Complications

The next morning...

A gust of wind breaks its way through the opening of my text, a shiver runs down my arms as I resist the urge to fall back into a blissful state of sleep. I feel a constant thud on my temple, I'm hungover.

"Ugh, you idiot..." I mumble to myself.

I begin to push myself up when my eyes catch sight of the half-dressed man next to me. John. Fuck. This can't be good.

I poked him in the ribcage with my index finger, he flinched. At least he ain't dead. I mustered the courage to speak.

"John."

"I'm trying to sleep here Abigail what do you..." his eyes widened, a panicked look takes over his face.

"Ana?! What happened? Fuck did we, you know?"

I shook my head quickly, trying to sustain my own panic. "No, at least I don't think so... but we definitely went as far as we could considering the state we were both in."

John seemed a bit relieved, at least he wouldn't have to worry about bringing another child into this world. He began to recall the events of last night, frowning at the thought of betraying Abigail. He loved her but the two of them hadn't been together since Jack was born. He wanted to believe it was pure lust, he hadn't cared for another woman in years.

"I'm sorry Anastasia. I-I should've stopped it."

...

She put a friendly hand on his shoulder. "No, we're both at fault... look I promise not to say anything. Nothing happened last night, you fell asleep in here because you were too drunk to find your own tent, okay?"

John nodded in agreement, all they could do was move past this, he hoped to god that no one had heard them last night. He smirked at the thought of praying, he was never a religious man.

The two of them faced in opposite directions as they got back into their clothes. Ana making sure her hair wasn't a mess. She turned to him.

"Alright, I'm decent." They exchanged a small smile.

"I'd better go wash up, I uh, think I smell of you." John contained a smirk as the words left his lips.

She sniffed him subtly, lavender. "Good idea, try not to drown"

John rolled his eyes before they both left the tent, heading in different directions.

...

No one seemed to notice, luckily, most people were still passed out. I sighed in relief when Abigail was nowhere to be seen

"Have fun last night?" a voice spoke up from behind me. I turned around quickly to see Micah, he had a disgusting look on his face.

"Great. You're back," I said in a sarcastic tone, I don't quite like that man. Something's off about him.

"Looks like I missed one hell of a party. So, tell me which one of them boys had you last night? Will it be my turn next?"

My expression hardened, without thinking I slapped Micah with all my strength, walking away quickly as he stumbled backwards. Asshole.

I looked down at my stinging palm until I heard footsteps behind me, I readied myself for a fight until I saw it was Arthur who approached me.

"My lady, are you alright? Is Micah bothering you? I swear I'll teach that bastard a lesson, just give me the word."

"Don't bother, I think he'll leave me be now," we exchange a knowing smirk.

"Good, good. Hey, you coming along for that train robbery today?"