Tired

Sorry for the long wait, I've had lots of exams recently and I have been studying for them. This was a request from qwertyuiop1234abc . I hope that you enjoy it.

Spider-Man swung into the Triskelion at three in the morning after a long night of fighting crime. He was tired. Very tired. He didn't care. He had helped so many people and the immense pride that came with it made him smile.

The arachnid themed hero silently crawled into bed; he didn't want to wake anyone else up. He had intended to be back several hours earlier, however, when low level criminals were replaced with low level super villains he was forced to stop them if he wanted to avoid them terrorising the city all night long. It wouldn't, he thought bitterly, have been as bad if the same thing hadn't happened the previous four nights in a row.

Spider-Man fell asleep instantly as his head hit the pillow. He would be shattered in the morning (between two and four hours of sleep a night for five days full of intense physical activity was not good for his body) and would have to fight off the lethargy and drowsiness during training.

💤💤💤

At 6am the lights in the dormitory turned on, waking up almost all occupants. Spider-Man was the only one who didn't wake up immediately, he simply shifted a bit in his bunk and continued sleeping.

The usual early morning groans and complaints created a dull, continuous drone in the dormitory. Everyone was reluctant to be roused completely from sleep but they got dressed and ready for the approaching day. One morning of being woken up slowly or with an alarm would be proof of some benevolent higher power, or at the very least, prove that Fury was not a complete monster, Miles thought to himself with a chuckle.

After most people had left the room, Miles noticed that Peter was still sleeping soundly in his bunk. Gently, Miles shook his 'older brother' awake. It was a long and boring process that he had the misfortune of having mastered it.

Eventually, Peter woke up and crawled out of bed to sluggishly get ready. This entire scene, Miles having to wake Spider-Man up after everyone else had left the room, was far to common for Miles' liking. He'd have to be stupid not to realise that Peter was tired. Very tired. He was aware of Spider-Man sneaking back into the dormitory at some time that was either very late at night or very early in the morning. Miles wasn't sure why Peter was staying up so late, however, the young hero was determined to help his more experienced team mate.

Peter pulled on his mask and dragged Miles to breakfast where the pair immediately began eating. The food provided was nowhere near the nicest food that either of them had tasted but it provided enough nutrients to sustain their increased metabolisms; it was better than starving.

Training was hard that day. Miles was concerned about Peter because his movements were slow and clumsy- not the fluent and graceful motions that were characteristic of the spider themed heroes (with the exclusion of Cho, he could be incredibly uncoordinated at times).

Spider-Man stood to the side of the training room, trying to appear as though he was watching the other heroes train. Kid Arachnid noticed the subtle differences in Spider-Man's posture that suggested that all he was doing was avoiding nodding off where he stood.

💤💤💤

That night, Spider-Man snuck out of the Triskelion again to monitor his city, however, he didn't notice the other hero following him out and into the backdrop of skyscrapers, a faint Moon and the occasional star.

Spider-Man man loved his city. Honest. But there was always one thing that he didn't like as much about the city that never sleeps- actually, make that two: the pollution (the smell of the air was awful for someone with increased senses and the light pollution hid all of the stars from sight) and the fact that that city never sleep. There was crime around the clock.

Spider-Man swung around the city until he found a suitable perch to watch his city from. Kid Arachnid followed the older hero and sat beside him on the roof.

"Hey," said Miles. No response, try again, "How are you?" Again, no response. Miles poked Spider-Man a few times until he woke up.

Peter was in no mood for conversation; he needed sleep. Desperately. He had toyed with the idea of skipping a night of crime fighting in order to catch up on sleep but he knew that every time he did that the crime rates increased overnight. He told Kid Arachnid as much and sighed as Kid Arachnid attempted to drag him to bed.

"I don't want to go. I would feel better tired than not knowing if the city needs saving," Spider-Man tried to argue.

"No. Go to bed and sleep. I'll look after the city tonight. We can take it in turns, I stay up tonight and you stay up tomorrow night. Deal?"

"If you're sure you'll be alright. Call me if there's trouble," said Spider-Man, swinging off into the night.

💤💤💤

Over the following weeks Peter and Miles managed to find a rota for watching over the city. It worked; Peter was sleeping more and the city was as safe as ever, perhaps even more so due to the two heroes never being afraid to call each other if there was a crime to difficult to handle alone. None of the other heroes even seemed to notice (except Fury because Fury knew everything).

Peter curled up into a ball and fell asleep, content that Miles was watching over his city and that he was no longer almost falling asleep in training.