|0| Murky waters

Indy collapsed onto the hard concrete, crying out as her world suddenly turned sideways. Inky black beads obstructed her vision, nausea taking its toll on her body as the world she'd only just discovered swam all around her. She could not- would not be defeated; she had to have her sweet revenge, even if it were the last thing she'd ever do. Shaking, she stumbled back onto her feet with a low growl. Icy rage froze over her cold heart once again, a field of scarlet sweeping across the hybrid's eyes once more as she turned to face her foes. The two snarled at her with absolute hatred- something that Indy was used to. Though it still hurt to see their disgusted expressions, sneering up at the other with an almost-degrading glare. She didn't understand why she hurt more on the inside than the outside.

The white theropod hissed, throat rumbling as she stood tall once again. Her once-beautiful snow white scales were now turned a dull grey colour, adorned with painfully deep wounds and smeared blood- she was even certain that something metal had dug itself into her shoulder. Indy opened her uneven jaws as wide as she possibly could, roaring a final challenge with all the energy that still remained within her. In return, the raptor and Tyrannosaurus roared back, accepting her offer, almost gleefully. They both wanted to kill her, but so did she. The hybrid wouldn't go down without a fight.

Though Indy's life seemed to slow down, her scarlet eyes widening as razor-sharp spears dug themselves into her neck, dragging her back onto the cold ground. The theropod strained against death's clutches, fear clouding her thoughts. Though death didn't seem to be so forgiving anymore, he had betrayed her. Switching sides and leaving the hybrid to have a taste of her own cruel medicine. The spears dragged her under, causing Indy to gasp as the cold liquid froze her scales and turned the tip of her talons numb. Water threatened to fill her lungs, restraining her jittering limbs like thick ropes.

Indy writhed in the creature's grasp, but her captor would not let go. The hybrid's thick hide was easily punctured by the powerful jaws as the teeth pierced at her throat. She was bound to die- It was inevitable and it always had been.
The pair drifted deeper, the hybrid's blood blossoming out in tendrils of rose. She kicked and thrashed, jaws suspended wide open in a silent scream. She was suffocating- drowning in both her own turmoil as the scarlet coils drifted through the deep blue. Indy's chest stung and her lungs burned. Was this fate? The claret eyes roved aimlessly across the murky water, closing as the hybrid finally stopped struggling.

The weight suddenly ceased, long crocodilian jaws unhinging as the sea creature freed her of her watery grave. Red orbs snapped open, bubbles gurgling up towards the surface. Was this another chance? Indy kicked and flailed, frantically beating her limbs as she shot upwards. Long claws seared through the water as powerful leg muscles lead her closer to the outside world. Beads of black restricted her vision once again, morphing into horrific blotches of pain as her lungs protested against the lack of oxygen.

Indy broke the surface, whining and sputtering. Rain pelted down on her skull, rolling down her face and neck. She was alive? Paddling to the edge of the surface like a dog, the dinosaur hauled her huge mass onto the concrete pavement. Her scales were slick with blood and water, chest heaving as her lungs finally filled with oxygen and life. The dinosaur's joints buckled and trembled under the new weight, and she found herself collapsing onto the hard ground. The bleeding was finally beginning to slow down, the creature noted with slight comfort; perhaps she did have a chance to live even out of the water.

Wearily, Indy dragged herself back onto her feet, limping towards the barren street as small dinosaurs chirped curiously at the newcomer from heaps of debris. The hybrid snarled and the creatures sped off, squawking and screeching like banshees as they darted across the empty wasteland. Padding forward, the white dinosaur surveyed the damage. Blue and the Tyrannosaurus were nowhere to be found, seemingly leaving the scene after their enemy's supposed 'death'. Good. She didn't want to see them right now, she was exhausted. Both mentally and physically.

The silver moon shone above her head, bathing the island in light as stars glittered across the night sky. Was this really a path that she wanted to take?