Chapter 18

Pulling back, Jack twirled her a few times and dipped her dramatically when the song ended. Both of them laughed together as Jack pulled her up, lost in the moment as they stared at each other's smiling faces.

Jack might have looked cool and fun on the outside like he had everything under control, but the inside was almost the exact opposite. Feeling his legs shaking, Jack kissed her hand and excused himself. And only after he hid behind a tree, away from anyone's view, did his true emotions resurface.

"Oh. My. God!" He collapsed, one hand on his knees which had become too weak to keep him standing. His other hand was pressed against his heart that was beating louder than a rock band's drummer killing his drums connected to mic and speakers in full volume.

"Nice work, Mr Eros," Merida grinned, handing him a glass of cold water as she sat in the shadows with him.

"Mr Eros?" He questioned, accepting the water.

"Romeo's too cliche and he was a seventeen-year-old who seduced a thirteen-year-old. So yeah, I can see the undying romance there." Merida rolled her eyes. "I like the Eros and Psyche story better if I had to go by what Anna told me. Many people don't know about it but it's a great story, considering that most Greek stories usually end in tragedy."

Feeling his heart calm down by the distraction, Jack smirked as he thought of a response. "So you're telling me that I'm handsome enough to be a Greek God?"

"I'd just be inflating your already huge ego if I agreed to that." Merida sipped her soda. "You look like a grandpa to me but Elsa might think otherwise."

Just at the mention of her name, Jack turned unbelievably red, almost as red as Merida's hair.

Noticing his reaction, Merida couldn't help but laugh out loud. "You look redder than my old man's red underpants!"

"Yeah, I didn't need to know that," Jack muttered.

Merida gave him a long look before nudging him. "You really look like you're ready to burst. Wanna spill all your emotions regarding our dearest Snow Queen?"

Jack stubbornly looked away, huffing as he replied, "No thank you."

He turned back to her to tell something when she suddenly stuffed a burrito in his mouth. 

Jack just blinked in confusion. Merida signaled him to keep quiet as she pointed at Elsa, who was just a few feet away from them. They stayed silent for a few more seconds before Merida finally relaxed, slapping him across his head.

"Do you wanna get caught by Elsa while you're fangirling about her?" She glared at him.

Jack swallowed the last bite, taking a few more seconds to do so, before replying, "Sorry, thanks. You got any ice cream or breath mints?"

Seeing her raised eyebrow, he quickly added, "I don't wanna smell like a burrito when I'm dancing with her again."

Rolling her eyes, Merida sneaked out and came back with mint ice cream in one hand and chocolate ice cream in the other. Thinking that mint would be, in his words, 'sexier' than chocolate, he dumped the whole cup of mint ice cream in his mouth while Merida stared in shock. Checking his breath one last time, Jack stood up and returned to the rink and was not ready for the sight that greeted him.

He stood by the edge of the rink, frozen in shock when he saw Elsa skating towards him with her usual smile on her face. But it wasn't just the smile that had him transfixed. Her hair was in a loose French braid that was swept over her shoulder and she was wearing a crystal-blue off-the-shoulder dress with a knee-high slit and translucent blue sleeves. She also had a long transparent floor-sweeping cape decorated with large snowflakes attached to the back of her bodice. And the lighting making her look like the most gorgeous woman in the universe as she skated towards him didn't help either.