Unforgivable & Unforgettable {2}

Chapter 1 Recap:

I walked out the room and back down the stairs. I'll tour the rest of the house later. I saw my dad downstairs stacking up boxes.

'Dad, how did could you afford all of this?'

'Well my new job pays really good and they gave me this house for free.'

'Cool, when do I start school?'

'Next week Monday so start familiarizing yourself with the neighborhood'

I nodded then walked into the kitchen and found the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fully stocked fridge.

I called out 'Dad I'm gonna go head out and sight see. I have my phone.'

I heard a grunt signalling that he heard me. I grabbed my phone from the counter and walked out the door.

Beverly Hills here I come.

************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2:

I walked down the driveway pulling my phone out of my back pocket of my skinny jeans. I put in the address to our new home in Google Maps and searched for hot spots of Beverly Hills. The Beverly Center came up first, I wanted to go there to go get some new clothes.

"Dad can I use some money for the mall?"

He glared at me. "Why are you going to the mall?"

"Erm... to get some new clothes for the first day since my old ones are kind of ratty." I replied in a duh voice. He walked towar me menacingly he looked really angry. Great Melanie you just had to piss him off. I braced for the impact of his blow. It never came I opened one eye, expecting him to hit me. He stood in front of me his hand held out with a big wad of twentys. He shoved the bundle in my hand. I unrolled the bundle and counted 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000. Who carries around 5,000 dollars in their pocket! Where did he get all this from? I looked up at him he stood there looking around and whistling awkwardly.

Clearing his throat he said awkwardly 'Ill call you a cab.'

'Um thanks dad.' I put the money into the front pocket of the Paramore hoodie I was wearing. I went back in the house to marvel at its contents. I followed the same stirp of carpet leading to the living room. I sat on the couch, I sunk down into it. Oh my goodness this is so comfortable, I dont ever want to move. What if dad loses his job and the house gets taken away? What if he statrs drinking? What if the Social Services find out? Im not even eighteen! They can take me away and send me to a foster home.

'Angel  the cab is here.' I cringed as he used the nickname my mom gave to  me. I reluctantly got off the couch and headed to the front door. He followed me.

'Have a good time' He said quietly. 

'Thanks dad see you in a few hours.'

He was really trying hard to be a good dad since my mom died. But whenever he came home with his drinking buddies all the effort went out the window. I got into the cab.

'Beverly Center please.' The cab driver nodded. I plugged my headphones in, ignoring the world.

***Flashback*** 

(13 year old Melanie's POV) 

'Bye Mrs.Severson.' I waved to my eight grade teacher. She gave me a big smile. She was very beautiful, with her honey brown hair, warm brown eyes, her fair complexion  and her tall slender frame. She was graceful as a fairy.