00

Hoshiko lived a fairly average life, more so quiet than others. She grew up in a large family, having been the youngest of the family, with three brothers that vary with a six year age gap. Her parents, who worked constantly, were not really there, but her brothers were. They made sure she ate, she got to bed on time, she was clothed and bathed. And she appreciated all of it.

As she grew up, and everything around her began to change, she noticed one simularity that seemed to follow like a shadow.

Hoshiko grew up eating the same diet as her brothers, so she was always a bit bigger than the kids her age. She never saw the issue in that. Neither did the other kids at the time. But she could recall clearly the daycare workers talk about her after her quirk manifested, about her power but the hindrance of her weight. At the time, she didn't understand, so asked her brothers about it.

Hoshiko started going to a different daycare not long after that.

Her oldest brother started dating a girl that Hoshiko didn't like just as she started elementary school. She was just never comfortable around the girl, who always made comments on what and how much she ate like a biased judge to a victim. Always making remarks that she say are not meant to be mean, but hurt Hoshiko the most.

She still remembered her voice yelling at her after Hoshiko spilled her drink on her by accident. She remembered the insults and jabs at her weight, saying how useless she was and annoying. Though she also remember her brother standing up for her and kicking the girl out, she remembered the girl telling her that no one wanted a fat person, let alone a fat hero.

A few years later, she began to notice the looks that not just the gym teachers gave her, but her teachers as well. They never said anything, though. Only a look. Her year 4 teacher was the first to say something, after Hoshiko said she thought she could be a good hero. The teacher kept her after class and told her she may want to think of another plan for the future, or to maybe have a life style change if she truly wanted to be a hero.

His words reminded her of what her old daycare teachers told her, only this time, she kept his words to herself.

By the time Hoshiko started junior high, she started to just retract herself from everything around her. Soon, she felt weak and shy.

Her friends changed, her family changed as well. Hoshiko herself changed, but one thing seem to stay the same.

'I'm too fat to be a hero...'

Her second year of junior high, she began to notice boys, like any other girl.

With Hoshiko being so shy and timid, she was shocked to find her eyes lingering on the boy in the class next to her own. He definitely didn't have any issues getting respect, with a powerful quirk and a confident demeanor. Truly, Katsuki Bakugou was the opposite of Hoshiko.

He was confident, strong, and smart. He knew what he wanted, and he wasn't going to let anyone get in his way. Katsuki Bakugou: The future #1 Hero! It's why Hoshiko admired him. He wasn't confused and shy like her. She didn't even know if she wanted to be a hero, anymore. She didn't know what she wanted. Maybe that's why she wanted to change that.

Hoshiko arrived to school early on the last day, with a piece of paper in her pocket and a pep talk in her head. She knew she couldn't ask her brothers for help, but luckily, her sister-in-laws happily helped her.

She slipped the note into Bakugou's locker before anyone saw her and scurried to class. She may have just put a note in his locker, but it felt like running a marathon to her heart.

The end of the day came faster than Hoshiko anticipated, and soon she found herself waiting on the roof. She fumbled and messed with everything on her; Her tie, her sleeves, her skirt. She was sure she was going deaf with the blood rushing in her ears, but soon heard the door of the roof squeak open and fall shut.