01

After a winter break of her family cheering her up and spending time with the family she had around, she cursed as the last first day of attending Aldera Junior High approached. She soon found herself trudging to school, cursing at the cold and the short break.

As she got closer to the school, she noticed the glances from students around her. She was used to this, people whispering about her weight, but there was more people doing it than usual.

'I swear, if Bakugou told anyone about what happened on the roof...' She thought to herself as she passed the school gates. Eyes seemed to be on her, and she glanced at all of them, they turned away, expect for one pair.

Bakugou stared at her from across the school yard. He stood with two people she can only classify as his goons. She stared back at him before breaking contact. 'It doesn't matter. It doesn't.'

It really didn't matter, until one of Bakugou's goons yelled out to her.

"Hey, HOEshiko! How's your hero training coming?!"

She looked over as the boy laughed, with the other goon snickering. Bakugou just glared at them, but didn't make an effort to shut them up.

"If you keep it up, you'll definitely be known as WHALE LORD, the body crusher!"

The two boys broke into unstoppable laughter, and Hoshiko could hear others around her start to giggle, too.

She glared at the two boys, before glancing over to the left just a bit.

The next thing anyone knew, a black wall shot out from the side of the school building and hit the first goon on the side of his head. He fell like a tree, and his friend followed after, with a wall shooting up from the ground in front of him and upper cutting him right under his chin.

The two went down, dazed, and the courtyard became quiet. Bakugou only looked at the two before looking back at Hoshiko, who just glared at him before entering the building. She went right to the counselors office, since she knew she was gonna end up there anyway.

|~|~|

Hoshiko got off with a slap on the wrist and a phone call to her brother, who let it slide when Hoshiko told them the comments the boys made towards her. After that, Hoshiko seemed to blend back into the background of life. No one mentioned the assault on the two boys, especially not the two boys themselves since they were knocked down so quick.

The only small difference was Bakugou seemed to glance at her when they passed or were in the same general area. But it was just that.

|~|~|

A month into school and the teachers started to talk about the future for most of the students. How they all wanted to be heroes and to ready themselves and the like. Word spread quickly that Bakugou was gonna apply to U.A, and most likely get in, but more people whispered about how Izuku Midoriya, the quirkless boy in the same class as Bakugou, wanted to apply, too.

When school was over, Hoshiko found herself passing the room with Midoriya inside, learning over a notebook. She stared at the boy before entering the room.

"Izuku Midoriya?"

The boy jumped and turned to her, his cheeks going pink. "AH! H-hello! Can I hel-"

He stopped as he recognized her. "Hey, you're Hishoki Fukushima, right?"

She smiled and nodded. "I heard you were trying to get into U.A."

He paled and strained a smile," Yeah, I am."

She smiled and pat his shoulder, "I just wanted to let you know I think you can do it."

He looked up at Hoshiko, surprised. "Huh?"