p a r t 1 : a f t e r m a t h

After Tony's funeral, Clint decided to take a walk along the lake shores, needed to take his mind off of everything that has been happening. He didn't noticed that he was being followed, not until the person step the wrong foot on top of a branch that caused it to break and made a noise. He stopped and turn his body towards the person, ready to kick their ass and declare that he wanted some alone time. But stopped short when he saw who has been following him.
" Hey " he said to her dejected figure . Wanda just keep her words to herself and fling her body into his arms and sobbing uncontrollably.
" Shhhh hey hey, it's going to be okay Wanda. It'll be okay " he tried to comfort the girl whom he took under his wings right after the Sokovia incident, but failed nonetheless when he himself started to cry with her.
" I missed her " she put her head on the man's shoulder ans managed to say the words in between her hiccups and sobbing. He just keep his arms around her and press a kiss on her temple
" I know. I do too. I just wished that we could tell them somehow, that we did it. We won " he said, exhaling the breath that he unconsciously held. The girl just smile to herself in content, and said " they know... They both know "

-------------------------

The remaining Avengers all assembled in the woods, waiting for their captain to bring back the stones from the exact same timeline where they took it in the first place.
"Just bring the stones back to their each timeline where we take them from, okay? No funny business, Rogers. I'll take you back in five " Professor Hulk said to the captain who looked determined, and a little bit off.
" How does this thing work, again? " Sam asked the professor who rolled his eyes at the question.
" So we take him back in time. He can take as many time as he wants there, but it'll be only 5 seconds in here " he explained to sam.
Steve then went to his teammates and starts to hug them. Clint, thor, pepper, rhodey, little morgan, and now was Sam's turn. He chuckled to the person that he started to follow since the helicarrier incident on DC and hugs him " you're a good man, Sam " he said to sam who just laughed at him.

Wanda has been so anxious to wait her turn to hug the captain. So when the captain's done with sam, she literally leaped into his arms. Steve wasn't really surprised by the sudden force that made him stumble back, but he hug her back nonetheless.
" I'm gonna miss you, steve " she whispered against the fabric of his suit. He widened his eyes in surprise. But then remembered that she probably take a little peak in his mind. He stroked her hair affectionately and kiss her forehead.
" Everything is going to work out, okay? Not all is lost, Wanda. You'll be fine. You have a family here. " He gestured for her to look around. She just smiled at him and kiss his cheek
" Thank you for your service, captain. I'll always be in your debt " she said against his skin. Tears were streaming down her face. Steve just smiled down at the girl he's been seeing as his daughter figure and wipe the tears from her cheeks. He then move to the last person on the line, his buddy,

His Bucky.

The man with the metal arm just stared longingly at his childhood best friend. He then proceed to hug him
" I'm gonna miss you Steve " he said, trying not to sound sad. Steve just lat his back and tighten his grip on his best friend and said " it's going to be okay, Buck" he then start to walk to the platform where he'd be going on a time travel
" Dont do anything stupid till i get back!" He shouted to Bucky, who smirked and shouts back
" How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you!"
Wanda who watch the whole interaction just went over to bucky and wrap her hand on his back. Bucky who knew that she know Steve's plan just slung his arm on her shoulders and keep her close, not wanting her to feel alone since everything and everyone she seems to close with are gone now.

" Don't take too long , yeah? " Rhodey said to steve who's only smiling in return.
" Bye 'ncle steeb " little morgan wave furiously to catch the captain's attention. He waves back and activate his suit.
"Five...four....three...two..." Then steve disappeared.
5 second later, when the hulk pushed the button there's no sign of steve on the platform. The remaining Avengers started to get worried and demand Hulk to bring steve back.
Wanda and Bucky just smiled small and turn towards the lake, where their sights were greeted by an old man sitting alone on the bench
"Clint...." Wanda called clint who is mumbling profanities at hulk who frantically try to turn the machine back on.
Clint looked at Wanda, wondering why she called him but then he saw the figure over her shoulder. Everyone else seems to saw him now that they were walking down to meet the man.

Everyone else stayed back while sam continued his path till he's closer to the old man
" Cap " he calls out slowly
The old man turn his face towards the avenger and said " hey sam "
Sam just shook his head and dip his chin,
" Did something go wrong, or did something go right? " He asked, teasing the man.
" Well, after i put the stones back, i thought maybe I'll go back for a while, get what i always missed out on " he said, looking over the lake.
" Was it nice?" Sam asked curiously
"I got a dance "
"I'm happy for you. Only thing bumming me out is the fact that I have to live in a world without Captain America " sam spoke while patting Steve's shoulder
" That reminds me... Try it on " Steve takes out his shield from the bag. It is in perfect
condition; he took it from the past. Sam stares at steve in shock and he take a glance towards bucky who just nod his head, gesturing sam to try the Shield.
He took the shield from steve and place it on his arm.
" How does it feel?" He asked sam
" Like it's someone else's " he answered, looking at steve who just smile knowingly at him.
" It's not"
Sam smiled softly and offered steve his hand to shake,
" Thank you, I'll do my best " he promised steve.
Steve just chuckled and put another hand above their hands and said
" That's why it's yours. "
Sam took a glance on their hands and he noticed a ring on his friend's finger.
"You wanna tell me about her? " He asked playfully at the old man who is now glancing at his team. He just shook his head at the question " no, no. I don't think i will " he said softly.

Couple of hours later, wanda found herself staring at steve, well, the old him. He is sitting on the porch of the Stark's household, just watching the sun begins to set, listening to the playing kids inside the tent.
"You know it's rude to stare, right?" Steve suddenly asked, knowing someone is watching him. Wanda just smiled small and sit beside him.
" So.... Who was it?" She asked him, trying to pry the information out of his head. Steve glared playfully at the younger girl and said nothing but gave her his compass.
She furrowed her eyebrows but took the compass nonetheless and opened it. She was surprised to see a circular photo of the woman she sees as a mother figure, Natalia Alianovna.
She covered her mouth and cries in silent.
She then smiled and whispered
" You managed to save her..." She was happy. At least the мама паук got a happy ending, in a different universe, and a different timeline, but a happy ending nonetheless. She shouldn't be surprised at all, with all the time both steve and nat spent together on the run, it wasn't even worth questioning because People can just see that they were in love with plain eyes.
Steve smiled and wrap his arms around Wanda's shoulders and let her leaned her head to his shoulder.
" Do you want to hear a story? " He ask the girl in his arm. She just nodded eagerly from her place on his shoulder. Steve just smirked and proceed to tell her the story about the highlights of his other life. He originally planned only to tell the stories to Wanda but that plan was now already out the window because somewhere over the stories, morgan and lila joined them, and then clint with his boys sat on the floor, too intrigued too care about where he sit, and near the ending of his stories, he realized that now everyone has been listening to his stories and are cramped out on the porch, he just smiled, the sight remembered him of his grandchildren listening to his war stories. He was glad he could make them all happy, including this one girl that he sees as a daughter. He and natasha missed wanda dearly, but they know they will risk their existence in the reality if they taking chances to go back to their original timeline.
So they stayed, and lived their best life to the fullest.

A/N

Hey y'all it's vee, sorry if there's any errors, or any misspellings and bad English ( because English is not my native language HE HE ) It's my first try of making an AU sksksk thanks for those who reading this, hope you enjoy whatever this story is gonna be at the end.

Yours truly,

Vee R.