Chapter 39: All Hallow's Eve

October 31st, a night full of kids and adults alike are dressed up in costumes. Some are of creatures and monsters from pop culture and others are dressed as their favorite fictional character. Even so, there are others that are just dressed up in a typically unrelated costume. The children are accompanied by their parents or guardians as they go from home to home asking for candy. The adults are out at bars or other people's houses to party the night away.
Tonight is the one night of the year the veil between the seen and unseen, the known and the unknown is gone. Many different creatures of the night or otherwise supernatural are free to wander among the humans. This night is a little extra special for the fact that a certain someone no longer cares to be hidden. They'll cause as much pandemonium as they wish for both sides of the coin.
The city and its surrounding area that has already been tormented for the past couple of years, isn't going to get a break tonight. The destruction has already begun with the crumbling of a big section of intertwining highways. The loss of human life is already in the dozens as they were either killed by the fall, or crushed under the rubble.
Even within the few minutes it took for first responders to get to the scene, there are no survivors. The cloud of dust that was kicked up, flooding the area, makes it difficult to search. And anybody that they find that wasn't killed outright was found having been brutally torn to shreds. They don't know how but they can only suspect the serial killer they've been on the hunt for is becoming a domestic terrorist for them.
The only reasoning for this is the way the bodies were torn to ribbons. They aren't sure how they collapsed so many overpasses. The only thing they can come up with at a first glance is that the killer must've killed them before and then destroyed the supports holding up the highways.

Lilith, now covered in blood, made her way aimlessly around the city looking for anything that's made its way over. She was disappointed when a reaper didn't show up immediately after her destruction and she didn't feel like waiting. Her annoyance by that caused some clouds to roll in, blanketing the sky above the metropolitan area.
After wandering around for nearly half an hour, something caught the attention of her nose. With her crooked smile and sword in hand, she quickly rushed over to a large bridge that spanned the river's widest point. It was easily a mile from one side to the other and she could not only smell but see loads of spirits that are collecting on the sides.
There are also a decent amount of living humans walking along the bridge as well not able to sense the spirits just a mere few feet away. As she gets closer to the bridge, some of the ghosts start coming towards her while others seemingly try to flee. She can feel the anger from the ones that charge at her and with she quickly runs through them with her sword. She went fast enough that no human could've witnessed it, only the strong gust of wind that followed behind her.
Not a single lingering soul even leaves the bridge before they can be sliced up and sucked up through her fangs. Heavy fog falls onto the city as Lilith vanishes into it to use as cover. Inside the cloud that's hugging the roads of the central area of the city, she freely hunts anyone or anything that enters it. The cemented jungle is becoming more and more a simple playground for a deadly monster.

A girl and her boyfriend are on their way to the bar when the fog starts to set in. At first, they enjoy it, the atmosphere that it gives the night of horrors. But they shortly change their mind as the fog gets immensely thick to the point they can barely see a few yards in front of themselves. They nearly walk straight into the road as an oncoming car heads their way. With quick thinking, they manage to not get run over.
The noise of the traffic and other people's parties get drowned out by silence. It's then when they start to hear screams all around them. Screams of pure agony and pain, people calling out for help. It's disorienting and they quickly start to panic. The voices sound as though they're echoing loudly inside their own minds.
They try to call 911 but find that their phones aren't getting any reception. The fog gets thicker and thicker until you can practically reach out and grab it.
The girl crouched down, starts crying and clutching her head in an attempt to block out the noise, but it doesn't do anything. She feels a warm hand on her shoulder, the touch is comforting as she knows it's her boyfriend's. She stands up and turns around to cling herself onto him only to grab onto something else. It has a human shape but it isn't her boyfriend's torso.
A laugh that sounds as though it was taken straight out of hell engulfs her and she isn't able to move. All she can do is stay frozen there clinging onto this unknown thing. Her stomach starts to feel incredibly warm as a liquid of some kind runs down her body. She manages to take a couple of steps back and looks down, what she sees makes her pass out from shock. She stares down at her intestines being pulled out by an inhuman hand.