Dark Water

I didn't even include Danny's parts in the Nethersphere and this ended up over 7K words. I guess I've still got it.

I feel I need to keep apologizing - I honestly have never meant for there to be so much time between updates for my Doctor Who books. For other writers reading, some of you might have had moments where your muse leaves one fandom entirely and focuses on another? That's exactly what happened with me and I focused entirely on DC, specifically the Arrowverse. However, Series 11 and writing my crossover with The Lily Carter Chronicles rekindled my muse for this, and I have to say, the hype for Infinity War and Endgame have helped, too. Still haven't seen the latter of those yet, so #don'tspoiltheendgame, please and thank you. Though I think it's killing shavingforsherl0ck that I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully it'll be soon, dearie.

Anyway, hopefully my muse is back and will stick around this time. I've got some very exciting twists, turns, and surprise additions for the rest of Capalry's time, and don't get me started for all the chaos that'll happen when it's time for Thirteen to come around. There's a lot to look forward to, so I suppose I should let you get started with this, hmm?

Something happens that rocks Clara, a terrible notion arises, and the Doctor and Jessie get the surprise of their lives as old enemies return. Of course it always happens in London, too.

Enjoy "Dark Water!"

***

Two hundred twenty-six, two hundred twenty-seven. Sigh. Two hundred thirty-one. Two hundred thirty-two. Deep breath. Two hundred thirty-eight. Two hundred thirty-nine.

Pietro finally cleared his throat, stopping his girlfriend mid-pace. "If you pace for another sixty seconds, it will have been five minutes since you decided you would call Danny." He pointed to the various Post-It notes around her flat. "And you had me put all of those up so you knew what to say."

"I'm sorry," Clara buried her face in her hands. "It's just – "

"I will be right here," Pietro promised, gesturing to the chair he was sitting back in.

"OK," Clara took another deep breath, pulling out her Stark phone. "Calling him now." Pietro playfully sighed and looked at his watch, and Clara rolled her eyes, showing him she really was dialing the man now. "Shut up!"

"I didn't say a word," Pietro held up his hands.

"Yeah, but you wanted to," Clara huffed, biting her lip and putting her phone to hear ear.

Danny picked up after the second ring. "Clara?"

"Shut up," she ordered.

Right away, she winced, knowing how bad that probably sounded. "Is that how we communicate now?" Danny asked as Pietro snickered.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," Clara insisted, talking both to her coworker and her boyfriend. "I need to talk to you."

She could hear Danny frown over the phone. "All right. Well, I can be over in a couple of minutes, so – "

"No, no," Clara shook her head. "Not while you're in the room."

"Oh, stupid me," Danny snorted. "The very idea!"

"Shut up!" Clara groaned.

"OK."

"Stay shut up."

"OK."

"Things to say," Clara turned around to look at her Post-Its, putting her back to her snickering boyfriend. "Not all of them good."