Beginning of the End

Dedication space for :famidee go check her out, she made the cover for this book! And also don't forget to follow her, got that?

Third Person View

A man woke up as he heard an explosion outside of his house.

As he was surprised, he instantly stood up and looked out through his window only to see various cars that are either stopped in the middle of the road or already burning. There are also people that are running away, also ones with deep wounds and some are also dead.

"Shit..." The man exclaimed as he started to ran towards his door and locked it. He also locked his windows and closed the curtains. He also closed the lights. After closing them, he went to his room and opened the tv and looked for a news channel.

"Warning, please do not attempt to go out of your house without further notice from the authorities, I repeat, do not attempt to go out of your house without further notice from the authorities" The newscaster with white hair said. The place where they are airing is just right across the street in front of the man's house.

When he has heard the news, he couldn't help but worry about his limited food supply. It is because he only has a week's worth left.

"I guess I should go for a bit" The man said as he wore a hoodie and got a backpack with a separate handbag inside.

He unlocked the door and walked outside before locking it again.

He then tried to sneak as much as he can without making any noise.

After a few minutes, he has arrived at a convenience store that is near his house.

Since the door was locked, he entered by the broken window.

As he has successfully infiltrated the place, he immediately started to find necessary things for his survival.

After about an hour, he has filled his backpack and the separate bag with goods enough for about 2 months.

He has also taken an army knife from the counter.

After he has gotten necessary items, he headed back to his place. He successfully returned as he immediately opened the door and swiftly entered. He also locked the door behind him.

After finally locking the door, he placed the items on the living room. All of the items he took are all nonperishable goods since he knows that they might cut the supply of electricity sooner or later.

After settling everything, he returned to his room and hung his hoodie behind the door.

After that, he opened the television to check further news about the current situation.

The news report earlier was changed into a grotesque scene where the walls where painted with red and various internal organs were splattered on the floor along with dead bodies. The girl newscaster was nowhere to be found on the scene, only the camera which looks like it is on the ground showing the scene is there.

"That girl... She looks familiar... I don't know why" The man said as he started thinking about the girl.

After a few minutes, knocks can be heard from outside his door.

He cautiously went to the door and checked the one knocking only to see the girl from the news before.

He then immediately opened it and let the girl through. He doesn't even know himself why would he let the girl inside his house but he felt that the girl is somehow more than a stranger. After the girl has came in, he immediately locked the door.

"U-Um... Thank you for helping me... I-I don't h-have anything... B-But please, at least let me stay..." The girl said as if pleading.

"It's fine... I still have supplies that we can use for a month at most..." The man said as he settled down on a chair.

"T-Thank you v-very much! I-I'm Ekimoto Rina desu..." Rina said as she introduced herself before bowing.

"I'm Ichiyoshi Tatsuya" Tatsuya introduced himself.

"Again, thank you very much for helping me Ichiyoshi-san" Rina said before slightly bowing.

"It's fine if you call me by my first name... We will be helping each other throughout this disaster, so it will be better to familiarize ourselves eith each other, right?" Tatsuya said.

"T-Then, calling you T-Tatsuya-san will be fine?" Rina said as she slightly blushed.

"Yeah, in return I'll call you Rina-san, will that be good?" Tatsuya asked in return.

"Eh... Uh... I think I'm younger than you..." Rina muttered.

"Hm... Well, I'm 23 years old" Tatsuya said.

"Eh? You're already that old?!" Rina shouted.

"Well... I might look younger than my age but, yeah, I am already 23" Tatsuya said as he chuckled.

"I see... I'm only 20, only if you want to know though..." Rina said as she slightly blushed.

"Then, calling you Rina-chan should be fine?" Tatsuya inquired.

"Y-Yes, of course..." Rina replied.

"Then for now, do you know how to cook?" Tatsuya asked.

"W-Well... I can cook an egg, but I sometimes burn it" Rina said with a dejected voice.

"I see... I'll go cook then, so absolutely do not let anyone get inside, and don't look under the couch..." Tatsuya reminded Rina.

"A-Alright..." Rina answered.

Tatsuya then went to the kitchen and started cooking. On the other hand, Rina, whose curiosity runs in her blood, peeked beneath the couch, and saw a sniper rifle and packs of bullets beside it.

As Rina saw that, she rushed to the kitchen.

"Is there a problem, Rina-chan?" Tatsuya inquired.

"W-Why is there a gun beneath your couch?!" Rina asked but she remembered what Tatsuya told her so she started to get scared.

"Well... That is the only memento I got from my dead father... He was in the special force before" Tatsuya answered as he continued cooking.

"I'm sorry I've asked something like that..." Rina apologetically said.

"It's fine... Let's eat for now" Tatsuya said as he transferred the food into, two, separate plates.

"Thank you, Tatsuya-san... Ittadakimasu" Rina said as she started to eat.

Tatsuya also ate. After they have eaten, Rina spoke.

"Um, w-where should I sleep?" Rina asked.

"Well... You can sleep in my room, I'll go sleep here on the couch" Tatsuya said.

"Um... T-Tatsuya-san... Will it be alright if we sleep together? I'm afraid to sleep if I don't have someone to sleep with me" Rina said in a small voice with a blush on her face.

"Okay..." Tatsuya said as he opened the room and fixed the bed. Tatsuya's bed size is king sized so there will be no problem if they sleep together.

"Rina, go sleep for now... We should have energy for tomorrow" Tatsuya said.

"O-Okay... Thank you, Tatsuya-san" Rina said as she lay on the bed and started sleeping.

Tatsuya slept as well.

This crap is made by me, anything from this book are all made up in my mind, and if there is some similarities to real life places, names or other things, it is purely coincidental. So, enjoy this book. XD