Chapter 3

"He's your WHAT ?!" Dad and Pops yelled in unison.

Loki -my soulmate one- stared at me blankly. "I'm your what?"

"What do you mean? Do you not know what soulmates are?" I asked. He shook his head slightly. I sighed. Of course not. 

"You see, in our universe, you're born with your soulmate's last name - or just their first name if they don't have a last name - on their left arm. Different colors mean different things. Bronze means platonic," I motioned to Bucky and Sam, who flashed the print on their arms. 

"Whereas silver writing," I held my arm against his, "means you're... romantic soulmates." Jeez. I couldn't even finish a sentence directed at this guy without blushing. He grinned at me, seeming to read my mind. I coughed, trying to cover the blush. 

"So you really don't... have soulmates in your universe?" I asked, trying to change the subject. His playful grin faded. "No, this name - your name - on my arm was considered to be a fortune-telling birthmark." He chuckled to himself. "My mother always thought the name 'Parker' would be of importance later on in life. Given, she wasn't so far off." He said, winking at me. The heat in my face got a little warmer. 

"Alright, enough flirting." Pops grumbled, pulling me away from my soulmate.

Dad rubbed his eyes like he had a headache. "Can someone please take these two to a cell? I feel like I'm seeing doubles. " The older Loki scowled. "I am here for a peace offering. I mean no- "

He was cut off by Uncle Thor some of the Asgardian devices over his mouth, silencing him. Bucky reached to grab the younger Loki, but I stepped in the way. 

"Dad, what the heck ?!" I yelled, dodging left and right to stay in the supersoldier's way. "Kid, it's a lot safer if they're contained-" He explained calmly, trying to pull me out of Bucky's way.

"Safer if he's contained? Dad, are you listening to yourself? He's my soulmate! You know how long I've been waiting for this! You can't just lock him up! " 

Just then, the older Loki waved his hand, and a portal appeared. He gave a little wave before jumping through. Thor tried to follow, but it closed too soon. The Avengers gasped. 

"Did he really just run away like that?" Aunt Wanda asked. 

Pops sighed. "I guess he did. Alright Peter, you've got a valid point, but where's he going to stay? I'm not making him stay in anyone's room. "

"I've got a bunk bed, y'know." I said. 

"Fine." Dad and Pops caved in unison. 

"But I want you both in separate bunks! So go to sleep, and keep your hands to yourselves!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I showed Loki to my room. I gave him an extra pair of PJs and some privacy to change, since black jeans probably wouldn't be comfortable to sleep in. 

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, washing my face before bed. Loki leaned on the doorframe.

"So... I guess I should thank you for saving me out there. I don't know what I'd have done without you." He said. I smiled. 

"Of course, you would have felt like Han Solo in carbonite in that cell. It's not very big." He squinted. "Han... who now? What's carbonite?" 

"Y'know, Star Wars?" I was met with another blank stare. I gasped.

"You don't have Star Wars in your universe ?!" He shook his head no. 

"I guess we don't."

 I grabbed his hand. "Come on, Dad has a theater room two floors down. I'll get JARVIS to start A New Hope."