💕Music to my ears

Your friends had invited you to a music festival near to your town. You were unsure of whether you should go or not because you weren't exactly a fan of socialising and being surrounded by too many people. However, you agreed to go anyways because F/N would not get off your back. 

F/N thought that her annoying ass was the reason why you eventually agreed to go but you actually agreed to go because Jack was going. You had had a crush on him for as long as you can remember. You would often sneak glances at him throughout school but sometimes he would catch you and make eye contact with you leaving you a blushing mess trying to hide your tomato of a face under your hoodie. 

The fact that you never seemed to get a chance with him made you want to cry so now that you were going to a festival with him, you saw it as an offering from above. This was the perfect chance to impress him.

~~~

You had to look good tonight so after some rooting through your wardrobe, you finally decided on a pair of black shorts, a black spaghetti strap crop top and a floral see-through mesh top with white converse high-tops and space buns for your hair.

7 pm came and you were finished getting ready the second that you heard F/N's car pull up outside of your house. Her boyfriend was sat next to her in the passenger seat so you sat at the back with Jack. The speed of your heartbeat increased rapidly and you could feel your breath get caught in your throat when you noticed him looking at you.

~~~

Around half an hour passed and you arrived at the music festival. The music boomed and you could already imagine your inability to hear after this was over. The four of you entered the venue and started to dance as soon as you were surrounded by numerous other dancing bodies.

~~~

After dancing for an hour or so, you went to one of the food stalls to try and buy a bottle of water. Once you had gotten your water, you opened it and took a sip before realising that Jack was staring at you. Almost choking on your water, you met your eyes with his and smiled kindly, your red cheeks bushing up underneath your eyes. Jack laughed at how cute you were when you were flustered and took a few steps closer to you.

"Needed a break from the noise? 'Cuz honestly me too." Jack said with a light chuckle.

Laughing lightly back at him, you said, "Yeah it was getting a little too loud. I personally enjoy being able to hear."

He let out a breathy laugh and asked, "You wanna take a walk around?"

Your heart mimicked what it was doing in the car on the way here and you managed to stutter out a simple, "Y-yeah sure!" 

Jack chuckled lightly again, that eye smile driving you crazy for probably the thousandth time. 

~~~

The two of you lost track of time and had been talking and laughing while walking around wherever you were. All of a sudden, silence fell between you as your eyes met again for possibly the fiftieth time that night but this time, none of you blushed and none of you looked away. Instead, the both of you stayed there, gazing into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever.

"You're funny. I've never realised how little I talk with you until now." he said in a soft voice.

"Thank you I guess?" you chuckled. 

"I'm serious! You're really funny, and intelligent, and pretty." he said. "Now it's your turn." he took a step closer to you.

"My turn to what?" you asked.

"Your turn to compliment me!" he said pouting.

"Really? I have to compliment you? It might take a while for me to think of a compliment so just give me a sec." you joked. The two of you laughed and playfully shoved each other until the gaze in your eyes changed and you stared at him softly once again. You took a step forward so that your faces were barely one inch apart. "You're funny too, funnier than me, and you're kind, and pretty good looking if I do say so myself." as soon as you finished your sentence you felt like fire was spreading across your face. Your grew flustered and your gaze dropped to your toes before you felt a cold finger underneath your chin, tilting your head up. 

"Thanks." he smiled. And as if on cue, the echo of a guitar could be heard, H.E.R.'s voice joining it seconds later, destroying any space left between you as your lips met.

~~~

A/N

I am so sorry for not updating in so long! I know I said I wouldn't update regularly but damn I didn't have to leave you guys with nothing for that long. I'm so sorry! This update sucks but I just wanted to give you guys something since I finally caught a break from school even though it was only a small one. I hope you enjoyed! (and can we just talk about my obsession with having concerts/music festivals as settings for my imagines? like what is up with that? haha)