Prologue

Stars flittered through bright greenleaf trees, a warm breeze softly stirring the starry forest. A silver she-cat padded by, her tail flicking restlessly as she searched for the cat whom she would deliver her message to. Not much longer she found the dark gray tom, looking around the clearing, bewilderment clear on his face. "Hello." She meowed cooly, approaching the tom.

The tom's orange eyes widened when he recognized her, and he bowed his head in respect, "Rainstar, it is an honor to see you." Rainstar flicked her ear to dismiss formalities, "I would love to chat but I came to you to deliver a message." The tom tensed, and she could sense how much he wanted to know, yet worriedly hoped the message would be promising.

Rainstar's gaze was cool and serious as she meowed, "War will rage through the forest, and a choice must be made, the death-bringer can only be stopped by one cat, and one cat alone. If this cat fails, then all will be lost to darkness." The tom pinned his ears at her message, a thousand questions glowing in his eyes.

"Who is this cat to stop the death-bringer?" He asked desperately, frustration rolling off him in waves. Rainstar touched the tip of her tail to his shoulder, "Given time the cat will find out for themselves, all you can do is wait. Do not fear Duskstar, for this cats fate was written in the stars long, long ago." The she-cat began to fade, the crystalline stars glimmering in her pelt dimmed.

"Wait! I do not understand! Who is the death-bringer? When is this war?" Duskstar meowed desperately after the fading StarClan cat. "When the sky rages war upon itself and brings the clouds toppling down, this is when the war shall begin..." Her voice was barely a whisper, and a heartbeat later the she-cat was gone, leaving the distraught an confused ThunderClan leader alone in the starry clearing.

(I know really short prologue but its foreshadowing for waaaaaaay ahead, its gonna be epic I already have this book as well as the next book plotted out basically XD, hope you enjoyed <3 Jade Wolff)