Chapter Forty Three

Am really for being late but got busy in something and didn't get a chance but now will give regular updates... apologies.. please do let me know how's the update !!

Om reached the airport before time and waited in the lounge for Gauri. The incident of the past few hours playing in his mind. Om was never good at expressing himself neither did he think from the heart as Rudra did and neither was he as blunt as Shivaay. Rudra was always the protected one and still spoke of his feelings whereas he just couldn't speak at all, but Shivaay still knew everything without he saying anything. This was the thing with Shivaay he knew everything about everyone but did anyone know anything about Shivaay, he pondered over this.

A while later a very tensed Gauri, sat beside Om in the car. She wanted to ask him so many things but maintained her silence. She knew better that Om isn't good at expressing and asking him something wouldn't be right as he wouldn't be able to say it out loud especially with his reaction of being so lost at the airport terminal. Om on the other hand wanted to support Gauri and make her feel comforted but he didn't know how to start, he regretted coming alone, may be if Rudra was here he would have handled the situation better. Both lost in thought until the driver called out loudly, "Om sir, we have reached home."

"Th.. thank you kaka.." and he opened the door and waited for Gauri to come.

Shivaay had already texted Om to come to the study room with Gauri. The medicines the doctor had given wouldn't let her wake up for another few hours and it was good that Annika turned in her sleep letting him free from her hold. He instructed some servants to wait with her and walked to study.

"Gauri.." he hugged her and made her sit on the couch. She was really tensed but the calmness of Shivaay made her calm and she sat quietly looking at the three Oberoi brothers.

"Gauri.. what am about to tell you isn't going to be easy but you have to be strong and don't worry your not alone we are with you no matter what.." Gauri gulped hard trying to fight the lump forming in her throat as each second passed and the intensity of Shivaay's words hit her ears. He started to narrate the whole incident and Gauri was breaking second by second until she finally let the tears cascade down.

"Gauri you have to be strong for Annika. She needs you now more than ever.." He spoke patting her head and she could feel the warmth of an elder brother.

"Yes Bhaiya, can I meet her.."

"Ofcourse you can meet her but she has been sedated and will be up only in a few hours.."

The four of them walked to the room and looking at Annika, Gauri's heart clenched so badly but she knew this wasn't the time to fall weak.

"Bhaiya.. you need rest today I will sit with Annika di.."

"Gauri you have just come.."

He was cut short by Gauri.

"Please bhaiya.."

"Ok. I am in the next room if you need anything" and he walked out with Rudra knowing that Om would be there to handle her.

"Om, you also can go.." she spoke but her eyes were only stuck on Annika.

"Am not going anywhere am here only..only for you.." and that was it for Gauri she ran to Om hiding her self in him and sobbed her heart out, he caressed her hair.

A while later sitting near the bed holding onto to Annika's hand Gauri spoke, " you know Om, Annika di has always been stronger than anyone else at home. Even our parents. Though our parents loved us equally but she was always my father's princess. He would only call her that. I would be so jealous, he would call me all other endearments but princess was always di. Her charming smile gave strength to all, one smile from her and it's like everyone's gloomy day would be all fine..." she spoke looking no where in particular and Om only heard.

"When ma pa passed away it was so easy for all to say Annika will handle everything. The burden directly came on my di, she just took it all up without a word. She could have said no, but she didn't cause she knew her parents would have never liked it. I never know from where she gets so much of strength. She is our strength, the strength of the family and here I am suppose to give her the strength. I just don't know how to do it.." and she cried again looking at her di.

Om walked up to her sitting by her side holding her hand, " we are with you, together we will do this."

"You know Gauri as Annika is to you, Shivaay is to me and Rudra. I know how you feel. How do you protect someone who has always protected you."

Gauri looked up at him, urging him to continue, "Shivaay has always been the protector true to his name right from the time I can remember. When it was time for children to play, Shivaay learnt to cook and handle house expenses. Our parents would send money every month to handle ourselves. Dadi tried to make them understand but they never listened. Business for some reason took priority or the fights and to keep the children away from all of this Shivaay all of 9 years of age took matters in his hands. He cooked for us, bathed us, took up our studies, put us to sleep and fulfilled all our other small small wishes. He knew everything about us. He would stay up awake till late if someone was unwell and still handle everything the next day without sleeping. Where did he get all this strength. I never knew." He sighed hard before continuing.

"Before he could even complete his college and decide what he could do he had to take up the reins of business as the older clan were only facing loss and the wives were clutching each other's throats so to maintain the peace dadi requested Shivaay and without flinching he said yes and since the last 10 years he is handling everything smoothly."

Gauri and Om looked at each other, the struggles of their older siblings was so much similar and all they could think of was hope Annika gets better not only for herself but also for the sake of Shivaay. He doesn't show it but he is equally affected.

"I am not letting you go anywhere alone Bhaiya. It's quiet late." Spoke a very irate Rudra as his older brother was bossing him around not letting him talk.

"Rudra, why don't you understand I have to do this..punish the person who hurt Annika." Shivaay spoke all frustrated as he had already delayed this.

"I understand bhaiya, but am not letting you go alone. I don't know what will you end up doing. Your not going alone and that's final." Rudra spoke waving his hands all in the air.

Exhausted, Shivaay agreed and  the boys made their way out. Reaching the warehouse, Shivaay walked in to finally see the perpetrator behind the mask and when it was pulled.. all that could be heard were gasps and ...finally Shivaay spoke, " You..."