Rewrite The Stars ~ Jamilton

Suggested by storiesandstories200

Third person Pov

Thomas walks into the library that Alexander works at. It was closing time and Alexander was the only one in the library. Thomas was going to confess to Alexander... He sees Alexander putting books on the shelf and walks up to him.

"You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide," Thomas says. Alex sees him and starts walking to another shelf.

"I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied." Thomas rushes after Alex and holds his hands. Alex pulls his hands away from Thomas.

"You claim it's not in the cards and fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me," Thomas said. Alex glanced at him and continued putting books on the shelves.

"But you're here in my heart so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?" Thomas touches his chest and watches Alex continue to ignore him.

"What if we rewrite the stars?" Thomas asked Alex. Alex started to walk to another shelf.

"Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find." Thomas continues to follow Alex.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be." Thomas puts his hand on Alex's shoulder.

"So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours tonight." Thomas smiles and Alex glances at Thomas.

Alex sighs, "You think it's easy." He pushes Thomas' hand off of his shoulder.

"You think I don't want to run to you?" Alex puts another book on the shelf.

"But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through." Alex finally faced Thomas and showed that he had tears in his eyes wanting to come out.

"I know you're wondering 'why' because we're able to be just you and me within these walls," Alex said as he walks towards a table with books.

"But when we go outside you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." Alex looks at the doors of the library and sighed.

"No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say you'll be mine?" Alex faced Thomas again.

"Everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find." Alex grabs a few books and walks back to the shelves, Thomas following.

"It's not up to you, it's not up to me when everyone tells us what we can be," Alex says, with tears going down his face.

"How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours tonight." Alex faced towards the shelves and continued putting up books.

"All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you." Thomas turned Alex around to face him.

"So just give me all of you," Thomas said while wiping the tears away from Alex's face.

"It feels impossible," Alex confessed

"It's not impossible," Thomas assured.

"Is it impossible?" Alex asked.

"Say that it's possible." Alex looked away as more tears went down his face.

"How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine?" Alex turned around and continued putting books on the shelves.

"Nothing can keep us apart, cause you are the one I was meant to find," Thomas said as he started to help put the books away.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be." Thomas said as Alex started to climb up a ladder.

"And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours." Thomas said as he made sure Alex didn't fall. Halfway up, Alex dropped his books and fell. Thomas caught Alex. Alex slightly blushed.

"You know I want you." Alex got away from Thomas' embrace.

"It's not a secret I try to hide..." Alex faced the shelves.

"But I can't have you..." Alex knelt down and picked up a book with a green cover.

"We're bound to break and my hands are tied..." Alex said to Thomas. He then put the book on the table and walked out of the library.

Thomas stood alone and looked at the book on the table. He picked it up and read the title.

'History of violence against LGBT people in the US'