ch. 3

Eleven looked around her room, from the bottom of her bed.

She had never liked her room. The walls were all completely white, and the floor was covered in cold, pale tiles. The room only had a single little window, and there were no pictures or paintings on the walls. She wasn't allowed to hang up pictures.
The room was only furnished with a bed, a desk with a chair, and a bookshelf.

She, in general, didn't really like her uncle Brenner's house. It felt like living in a hospital compared to her friends' homes.
Max' room was decorated with fairy lights, polaroids and band posters, on her yellow-painted walls.

She hated to admit it, but she didn't like her uncle at all. But she couldn't really blame him, cause he wasn't a fan of her either.
He didn't at all seem like he wanted to take care of her.

El's parents had both died, of unknown reasons, shortly after her birth. Her uncle and godfather, Martin Brenner, had to adopt and take care of her, until she would turn 18.

After having to take in El, Brenner moved to Hawkins, and bought a very boring, plain-looking house and had her homeschooled. He isolated her from other kids her entire childhood, and she was therefore very anxious around others and wasn't very good with words.

On her 12th birthday she insisted that she wanted to go to public school, and eventually got him convinced.
She was signed into Hawkins Middle School.

Mike was the first friend El made.

When she turned 13 she ran away, into a forest in outer Pennsylvania, living in an empty wood cabin.
She wasn't surprised by the fact, that Brenner didn't go and look for her.
About a year later she realised how much she missed Mike, and how she couldn't take being alone anymore.
She finally returned home, where she for the first time locked eyes with the red haired stranger.

Mike was still one of El's closest friends, and he was in fact the only person knowing her entire backstory.
She hadn't even told Max.

She planned to do so, though. Max was her best friend, she wanted her to know what was going on in her life.
But right now she had this weird phase, of being nervous every time Max was around.

It'd hopefully be over soon. Just as it faded last time.

a/n
just a little of eleven's back story, i'm sorry if it bored you lol
also, i excuse if there's a lot of typos, it's like 1am i can't help it.