Jakey Jake

Sorry I know this is very, very late but I couldn't get time and even when I did, I didn't feel like writing. I like to believe that I am still going through the 'writer's block' but oh, well.

Recap

Behind those gold-specked brown eyes, he had his demons hidden.

Part #2: Jakey Jake

Those demons were unleashed when he started telling me about his life. I still didn't know why this guy was so eager to tell me all about his life. In little time I learnt so much about him. His interest, his passion, his hobbies, his goals, his love for his city. Yet the question remain the same; why was he eager to know about me?

At points, I am going to be honest, I did find it annoying. Imagine my shock when a guy - handsome too- barges in your life to know about you and tell you all about himself. So I did what I felt right; I ignored him.

Even though this is what I wanted, I couldn't shake off the feeling that the guy was nothing but nice to me. It would be nothing but mere prejudice against him and now that was unfair to any human being. I mean, you ought to respect people and respecting them sometimes mean tolerating them too.

I did just that. I knew deep down that I had judged him or on his first impression, he had come off as 'not-my-type' so keeping aside all the negativism, I gave us a fresh new start. I started being more nice and I started paying more attention to what he said. He was a sweetheart, there was no denying that but he was different that is why he stood out like a sore thumb in the crowd.

In about no time we were close. Even though at first I frowned at how eager he seemed to want me to warm up to him but I understood later. He told me the reason behind it too.

Now that is reason is something I wouldn't want to talk about here because as his BFF I have got to safeguard his privacy and make sure people who shouldn't know about this - who he doesn't want to tell - know anything. This reason, however, broke my heart a little. From time to time, I have pondered about how it was the reason why he wanted me to be his friend. I was his pathway. Once again, somebody in my life used me to get to somebody else. Yet, I was more than willing to help.

I remember telling to find a way out of this; I remember telling him how much of a mess he was is; I remember telling him it all but the guy had a mind of his own.

I remember thinking the guy wouldn't remember anything about me. Boy, did he remember. He helped me when I felt every force was conspiring against me.

I still won't forget how he was there for me when Adrian was using me to make his girlfriend jealous. Guys like him, apparently, don't care about what consequences their actions would put others in. Guys like Adrian, I meant. Not Jake, never him.

I know this is short but i'll try to update more in this week!
Till then.